Chapter 3

*Chapter Three*

I was driving home after school when I received a call from my mother. We didn’t talk long, but she told me that I needed to get home quickly. I drove a little faster to find out what the problem was. I soon came into the drive way of the pack house. I walked up to the door and entered. I didn’t see anyone immediately, but then I looked around and discovered the pack in the backyard. I was beginning to become suspicious. What were they doing in the backyard? That didn’t seem urgent. I walked out to the pack and they turned to look at me.

What the hell is going on here? I looked around as saw my father and mother. They looked sad for some reason. I looked around again and spotted Nick and the other teens. They looked sorry for me, well except Nick, he looked smug. Everyone else also looked sorry for me while the alpha looked stern and long in thought.

“Eden, you do know that no pack accepts the weak right?” I furrowed my brows. He did not just bring this up.

“Yes alpha.”

“Then you will understand when I tell you that if you don’t prove yourself that I will have to banish you from the pack?” What? Prove myself? Crap! I totally forgot about that. I gritted my teeth and answered.

“Yes sir.”

“Since you can’t shift, then I will banish you from the pack as you are useless as you are.” I looked at him in shock. No way. I have no where to go and he’s just going to banish me like that? Well, I think it’s about time I gave up my act of being unable to shift.

“Excuse me alpha, but I can shift.”

“What?”

“I can shift.”

“Then why didn’t you inform us?’

“I just found it easier that way.”

“Then if you can shift, then you will have to take a test. You will bring back five deer, or fight someone of your choice.”

“It wouldn’t matter any way, she hasn’t had any training. She is still going to be weak.” Nick intervened.

“Oh, really, you think so?”

“Yes absolutely.”

“Then you would be wrong like you always are.” I smirked as I took a few steps back to give myself room to shift. I didn’t want to bowl anybody over. Well not really anyways. I shifted into my big black wolf. I could hear the gasping of the pack. They were obviously surprised by the fact of how big I was. My mother came walking up to me. She had tears in her eyes.

“I knew you were going to shift. I just knew it. I just don’t understand why you didn’t tell me about it.”