Chapter 17

Chapter 17

The next pack was a few hours away and you can't have packs to close together too many fights. "Can you believe that guy?" Lily was still peeved about the first alpha we met, saying, "thank god we weren't his mate."

"You have to let that go Lily. As a werewolf, you can't let anger rule you."

"I'm not angry, it's just I can't believe that guy!"

"Well, be glad that he wasn't your mate and get ready to meet the next few werewolves by lunchtime."

"Speaking of lunchtime, when will we be eating?"

"We'll stop and get some lunch before we meet the next pack, how does that sound?"

"Like I wish I was already eating. How did you survive life with your stomach constantly trying to eat you?"

"When it growled at me, I growled back."

"Please tell me that really works because I feel like I'm losing a battle here."

"Nope, but what does help is food and here is some now."

We pulled up to a mom & pop restaurant. I had to grab Lily's arm before she broke my car door with how fast she was trying to get to the food. "Calm down the restaurant isn't gonna get up and walk away."

"It might, just not in this universe."

"Then lucky for you, this is not that universe." So, we get out of the car and walk up to the diner. It looked like one of those old-school ones where if you looked at it from the sky it would look like an oval, and the front of the diner looked like a trolley car.

A bell went off as we opened the glass door of the diner. Inside, it didn't look that busy. There was probably like six groups of customers. Four of them were elderly and the other two were families. I guessed it was a seat yourselves kind of place, so Lily and I picked a spot by the window.

A waitress came to us not soon after we sat down. "What can I get you, girls?"

"I'll have some eggs benedict, and can you make the steak rare and add American cheese on top?"

"Sure, thing and your side? Would you like hash, toast, or jacks?"

"Hmm, I'll take the jacks, and hazelnut syrup if you have it."

"We do, and anything for you miss?" she turns to Lily.

"I'll have the same except, I'd like the hash and maple instead."

"Alright, and would you like orange juice while you wait?"

"Yes please."

"Okay, I'll be right back with the juice and the food will be done in fifteen." She turns around and walks back to the kitchen. Soon to return, she places two glasses of orange juice in front of each of us and walks away again.

"So, what's the name of the pack that we're meeting next?"

"The Black Canis Pack, they're supposed to be around here somewhere, but we'll go look for them after we eat." Lily's stomach growl's and she gives it a small growl back. We both start laughing.

The small bell on the door rang and a group of five guys came in, they seated themselves on the opposite side of the diner and as the door closed, the wind carried their scents over to us. They too were werewolves.

"What's that smell?" Lily sniffed with a whisper.

"That is what a werewolf smells like," I whispered back.

"I smell like that?"

"Well each of us have our own unique scents, but the base of a werewolf's scent is basically that smell."

"Eden, you're making me want to take a shower."

"That smell won't leave and besides, your mate will love your scent."

"Okay, talking about scents is starting to sound weird so let's change the subject."

"Sure, but you're a werewolf, so you're going to hear this kind of thing a lot." Just then, the waitress comes and sets down our breakfast. We begin to eat and talk about things other than scents.

"So, do we know if they are a part of the pack we're looking for?" Lily asks.

"Nope."

"Should we ask?"

"Hmmm...probably be for the best. Let's finish our food and wait for them outside."

"Sure thing." We then quickly finish our food, pay for our meal, while leaving a nice tip, and wait outside for the other were's. Not ten minutes later, the group comes out of the diner.

"Excuse me?" I say. They stop and turn to me and Lily. One raises their eyebrow and replies.

"Yea what is it?"

"I was wondering if you guys were apart of Black Canis." All of their eyebrows shoot up and they start sniffing the air.

"So, you guys are were's? And what do you want to know about Black Canis?"

"We here to see the Alpha."

"Why?"

"To talk to him, it will probably take a couple of hours, then we'll be on our way." They stare at us for a few minutes but nod their heads.

"Fine, but no funny business."

"Same to you." We jump in our respective vehicles and begin the drive for their pack house. It doesn't take that long to reach it, probably about twenty minutes. I park my car behind theirs and hop out.

"Looks well enough," I say.

"Hopefully, it isn't anything like the last place." Lily sighs.

"I'm telling you, Lily, you really gotta let that go."

"Sure... as soon as he realizes that he isn't a catch."

"Well guess you be holding that for a while then."

"Meh, I forget all about it when I find my mate." The boys start moving towards the house and Lily and I follow them. We get some looks from anyone who is currently outside. We reach the door of the house and walk inside, then we go upstairs and to the end of the hall. One of the boys knock on the door and we wait.

"Come in," comes the reply on the other side of the door.