Chapter 2

*Chapter Two*

(17 years later)

It’s been seventeen years and maybe some months since that day, but nothing has change in the pack. Well maybe just for the pack that is. I myself changed back to a human baby when my mother shifted back herself. I for one was able to understand what the alpha and my father were saying that day. I know, I know, I was deaf right? But, that didn’t seem to matter and even though I was too young to understand, I was angry that the alpha called me weak. My father said nothing about it and agreed with him, but it was the alpha so I couldn’t blame him too much.

Anyway, I guess my wolf still understood and it didn’t take to kindly to insults. I was way past the first shift date, but I didn’t need it. I was able to shift since I was born. I would shift every now and then, but no one knew about it, not even my parents. When there was the time for training our wolves, I would be left out because they thought I would never be able to shift again. I watched intensely though. I took it all in as I was a fast learner and practiced by myself. I wasn’t ever fazed by that fact that I didn’t have a partner to practice with – I had my ways.

I remembered that the alpha had also called me small. I wasn’t so small anymore. In fact, I was even bigger than the alpha himself. In my wolf form, I was a very big black wolf. I mean jet black. When I say jet black I mean if you were in a room as dark and black as my fur, then you wouldn’t even see the very nose on your face. Anyhow, I just lived my life with them thinking that I was weak. And you know? I was really getting tired of it.

I got dressed with a pair of dark and slightly worn out skinny jeans and a plain black t-shirt. I had my dark jean jacket on over that and my knee high boots. I went to look in the mirror to check out my ensemble. I was pretty tall, about 6’5 with black hair and hazel eyes. My mother tells me they are more gold than hazel, but I couldn’t really tell. I opened my door to my room and went down stairs for breakfast. The pack of course lived in a pack house. I wished we didn’t. Why? Well, if you were me then you would understand the Bain of my existence.  I walked into the kitchen to find no one there to my relief. I grabbed the bacon and put eggs and pancakes on my plate. I woofed it down as we wolves always had strong hungers.

I knew I was still growing even though I was already pretty big. I got up and was placing my dishes in the sink when the others came in. Not the grown - ups, but teenagers. I mentally sighed and closed my eyes before turning around and throwing up my guard. I blankly looked at them waiting for them to talk. Nick, the alpha’s son decided to speak first to my greatest enjoyment. Please for the love of god and all that is holy and right in the world note the sarcasm.

“So what’s the cream puff up to now?” He insulted me. Just to let you know so you don’t get it wrong and misunderstand, I am no pushover and I will show you no matter whom you are.

“Wow. Your senses must be really bad if you can’t tell what I was just doing. You should really get that checked out. Don’t hurt yourself trying to figure it out I’ll just tell you. I was eating breakfast, just like you were doing earlier.”

I heard some of them snicker and saw his face turn a fuchsia red. I smiled inwardly at the sight. He then smirked as if he came up with a really good come back which I knew wasn’t really good at all.