Chapter 6

*Chapter Six*

When it was time for dinner, Lily and I went down stairs to the dining room. I sat next to my parents and Lily sat next to me. The other teenagers sat next to their parents and the Alpha sat at the head of the table. There was a big spread as always.

“Everyone, we have a guest tonight. She is the friend of Eden that I told you about so be friendly. And without further ado, let’s eat!”

Eden?

Yeah?

Is there always this much food?

Yes and with all three meals.

Holy cow! Does any of it go to waste?

Nope. Haven’t you seen me eat a lot at lunch?

Well yeah, but I just boiled it down to you missing breakfast every morning.

And I never get fat. Isn’t it great to be a werewolf?

I hate you because that’s totally not fair.

Ha Ha.

After dinner I took Lily home because it got dark and I didn’t want her going home with the danger of rouges in the forest. While taking Lily home, I could remember that Nick was glaring at me during dinner, but then he suddenly stopped because the alpha growled under his breath so Lily couldn’t hear it. Everybody went stiff. Well maybe except for me due to my alpha blood.

I said goodbye to Lily and started on my way home. Pulling into the drive way, I decided to go for a run. I ran to the yard out back and shifted mid-air and began running into the forest. Out of all the perks of being a wolf, I liked that I could run for hours and still not be tired. I stopped by a lake and took a drink. The water was so good here and the smell of the great outdoors is fantastic.

I was just relaxing by the lake and watching the moon when I heard the rustle of bushes in the distance. I got up and sniffed the air. I narrowed my eyes and looked into the forest around me. Rouges. There were six of them heading towards the pack house. They would have to pass me first though.

I took the time for them to reach me to get rid of my scent. I took a dip in the water first and after shaking out the water from my fur I rolled on the ground to gain the scent of the forest. At times like this, I was thankful for being a pitch black wolf. Hiding in the trees, I watched as they trotted into the opening.

They were all completely brown wolves surprisingly. As they continued across the open part of the forest, I decided to use the tactic that kept me in the pack. Sneaking behind the last wolf I gracefully jumped and gripped down on his neck ending his life. Unfortunately I knew I could only do that once because they would notice the blood in the air.