Chapter 8

*Chapter Eight*

After glaring with Nick for a bit longer, he shifted back and headed into the forest. That boy just irritates me so much. For kicks I decided to follow him to see how far he could go before he dropped. I headed into the forest after waiting a good minute so that he wouldn’t notice me following him.

Of course he was going about it all wrong. He was using up all his energy at the very beginning instead of spreading it out through the whole area. I could go around the area and not even break a sweat. It wasn’t long after that he started to slow and get winded. I couldn’t believe it. We haven’t even finished ¼ of the pack’s territory before he even had a chance to get started.

He slowed down to and I thought he was about to gain a second wind, but he just stopped. The lazy little bum. And because I’m such a good person, I strolled up behind and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned and looked at me and I glared at him.

“Who said you could stop? Do you even realize that we haven’t even reached ¼ of the way? That is absolutely pathetic.”

“What do you know? I don’t see you jogging with weights on.”

“Fine if that’s how it’s going to be.” I walked off back in the direction of the pack house and directly into the gym. I grabbed my usually weight size for this month until I went up five pounds the next. I go up five pounds every month. I had put the wrist, ankle, and waist weights on. Then I headed back into the forest to Nick’s descent spot.

“Okay, right now I have on 50 pound weights on. From here and all the around the pack’s area, I’m going to jog and for every time I come back to this spot, you are going to give me 100 push-ups. Do I make my self clear?” I growled at him.

He stared at me with disbelief on his features. I was going to jog around the area for as long as I could and then make his finish the all the push-ups before I let him leave. I started to stretch to get ready for pushing me limits.

“You can’t possibly be serious!” He yelled.

I turned to him with disdain and replied, “What you never seen a girl jog around with 250 pounds of weights on?” I raised my eyebrow waiting for his reply.

“Of course not, no one has seen that!” I disregarded him and began my run.

I started to get into a rhythm while I dodged large structures like boulders, trees, etc. It took me about 15 minutes to come back around to Nick and I still wasn’t tired. I went around and around and around, until I couldn’t do it anymore.

I went around the pack’s territory six times- beating my old record of four- I really pushed myself this time. I turned to Nick slightly out of breath after my rest and then I straightened. I glared at Nick and lifted my arm and pointed out towards the pack house. I walked out of the forest with Nick trailing behind me. Once I got to a good spot, I spun on my heel to face him.