Chapter 6- silver nights

Fluffy chapter, don't get attached.

There he was, the beautiful boy that made a world without your mother an okay place to live. You sat down and tried your best to ignore the awkward silence. It's been about three days since the last time Hiro kissed me and our conversations have been limited to questions Aunt Cass has forced us to ask each other.

You don't know what you were expecting.

"So, (Y/N)? What do you want to do tonight?" You heard an enthusiastic voice question.

"Huh?" You ask, pulling the ear-buds out of your ears and pausing the music.

"Your birthday is today!" Honey Lemon squeals, "What do you wanna do?"

"You're the best present ever
Life's a snow globe when we're together
Like a Norman Rockwell picture
Baby baby
It's crazy"

You think about her statement before you realise, that's right. I turn fourteen today!

"I don't know. Can we walk around the city square?"

"Sure!" Honey Lemon chimes.

Thank god.

And with that, you bid her farewell and left SFIT.

Just as you thought you were safely out the doors, "(Y/N)! Wait!" you heard. When the person caught up, you saw it was Hiro. "Can we um... walk? For a bit?" He asks whilst severely out of breathe.

You nod your head and then you both start your way towards the park.

"How we're
Walking around this frozen town
Wrapped up like a bow
In your arms shooting stars are bouncing off the snowflakes
Falling down and decorating
All the twinkle lights
There's nothing like these silver nights with you"

What did he want to walk for? you think to yourself.

"So, I suppose you want to know why I asked you to walk with me."

That's what I just said. you think
again.

"I thought we should talk about..." he cleared his throat, "Us?"

"Hiro, look, what happened, on whatever the heck those blimp air ventilation things are, shouldn't have happened. You shouldn't have kissed me. I shouldn't have kissed back."

Hiro looks at you. His brown eyes looking hurt and it pains you to see him like that.

"But," you continued, grabbing his hand lightly and lacing his fingers with yours, "I did, and, furthermore, I wanted to."

"(Y/N), I really really like you." He confessed.

Crap.

"Hiro..." You stop yourself. You don't know how to feel. You're flattered, but scared. Losing Hiro would definitely throw you over the edge.

"I get it if you don't like me back." He pouts a little bit. The thought of not liking Hiro back, you couldn't imagine not liking Hiro.

"Streets are crowded
Stores are busy
Sipping cocoa I'm just wishing
There'll be some mistletoe so you might kiss me
Walking around this frozen town and
I'm wrapped up like a bow
In your arms
Shooting stars are bouncing off the snowflakes
Falling down and decorating
All the twinkle lights
There's nothing like these silver nights with you."

"It's not that. It's just that I don't know yet." You murmur.

Hiro's face lifted and he smiled. You guess he knew that he still had a chance.

You grab his hand as you walk into the sweets shoppe.

"Candy Floss for my Candy Floss." He laughs, proud of his pun and hands you a bag of candy floss.

"Aww. Thanks!"

You both walk hand in hand outside of the shop around the square.

A few sweetly silent moments pass, then there it was. That wet, cold, tiny substance came floating down from the sky. Slowly and cautiously falling without hesitation.

Hiro looked at you and then looked up at the roofs of the buildings. Your eyes darted to where his looked and then you saw it. A snow machine on each roof. Behind them were your friends and family: Aunt Cass, Honey Lemon, Wasabi, Fred, and Gogo. Giving you a thumbs up as they all lay on top of the main buildings.

You look at Hiro and smile as he smiles back. "I heard that you've never seen snow." He says, sweetly, while rubbing the back of his neck.

How could I have lived this long without ever seeing this beautiful phenomenon? You think to yourself, in awe of the beauty surrounding you.

"Baby baby
I love these silver nights
Walking 'round this frozen town
And I'm wrapped up like a bow"

His arms wrap around you as slow songs play through the speakers around the trees.

"In your arms"

Stars bolt through the sky, making the snow glimmer and sparkle before it melts into the pavement

"Shooting stars are bouncing off the snowflakes
Falling down and decorating all the twinkle lights
There's nothing like these silver nights
Nothing like these silver nights"

This is perfect.

"(Y/N)?" Hiro shakes you.

My eyelids flutter lightly and my heart swoons at the sound of my name in his voice.

"(Y/N)?!" you hear again, this time louder.

And just like that, you're out of my trance.

"Huh?" you hum, pulling the earbuds out of your ear.

"I was asking what you wanted to do for your birthday next weekend!" Honey Lemon's voice chimes.

You look over at Hiro and then his gaze caught yours. You look away slowly as your face flushed.

"Oh, not much." you beamed.

I just have pretty high hopes.

"Nothing like these silver nights with you."

Well this chapter sucked. But on the bright side, it's there... so.

Hope you enjoyed my lovely bunnies.
Love,
-your lucky rabbit, cady