Chapter 10- indecision

As you, Hiro, and Emila continue your trek to SFIT, you could feel your head pounding. This was too much to handle. You kept thinking why. Why was this happening to you?

Your twin, eager to woo Hiro, hopped towards him. Leaving you behind. And you gave her permission, your blessing.

You didn't know why you let him go. You knew you liked him, why'd you just drop him? Why do you keep pushing him away? He's the only person that brings out the best in you, yet you keep him back. Maybe you knew he could do better.

Then there's your father, why was his disappearance making your head swirl? Why did you care so much? The love-hate relationship you shared didn't own enough love to make you this upset. All these mistakes, you were already too deep to escape. Your mind was racing a mile a minute and it was making your head pound.

Who is Emila now? It's been almost three years since she left with your father. She grew up with a manipulative man longer than you did. Did he influence her? Did she inherit his heart, rather than your mother's? What are her intentions? All these questions, none with any clear answer. There was one thing you were sure of, she is your only family member here, so you have cherish her.

When you three made it to SFIT, you met the gang and introduced Emila to Fred, Honey Lemon, Wasabi, and GoGo. Fred struggled to nickname her, but settled on celoso. It was Japanese for something, you never bothered to check. Fred took time in his nickname decision. He says, "Nicknames have to perfectly reflect the person, Honey Lemon is sweet, GoGo is fast, Wasabi just wears that same color, and Candy Floss is sweet and sticks to you no matter how hard you try to scrub her off, and come on, who doesn't love cotton candy?"

"I don't" you heard Emila mutter.

"He's got a point." GoGo said, scruffing up your hair. "What's got ya down, CF?"

You read the note received when your father disappeared. "Meet me where he failed, only then will he be given back."

You're eyes doubled in size and you dropped. You had passed out right there on the ground, Hiro being first to react. He ran over to you and grabbed your hand, weaving your fingers together.

Whilst passed out, you couldn't help but think of Hiro. It was all you could think of to keep you in check. You thought of your first encounter. "Now we're even." When you had to stay with him, "I have to sleep with who now?!" When you gave in and made peace, how his soft, warm hands were resting lightly on your legs. You never told him, but you were awake when he was in the ambulance car after the fire.

You thought of the good memories, kissing on the turbine, in his room. Telling him you like him, playing video games until three a.m. because by then you started to tell each other secrets. You knew this boy like the back of your hand and maybe you loved him because he knew you, too.

How when you were lazy and hungry, he would steal (favorite pastry) from the café and give it to you. You two would sit on his bed and talk for hours. Playing with each other's hands with your heads right next to each other. You knew that Hiro was never normally like this, which meant he liked you. You knew you were the only person that made him flustered. Not every girl had the power to turn his face bright red.

You especially thought of what you should've said to Emila.

"Hey, is he single?"

You hesitate for a second and then proudly say, "Yes. He's mine." You then proceed to stride over to Hiro and pull him into a soft kiss and say "Let's do this, together?" Then it'd be you and Hiro, against the world.

It was strange to think that you passing out was the best thing to happen to you today. You could really think.

"(Y/N)?! Please." You heard. Not being able to connect the voice to a person, but the voice sounded frail and hurt.

"Hiro, you gotta give her time. We know she's okay, she's been mumbling you name for the past fifteen minutes." This voice held concern and worry.

Had it really been fifteen minutes? You couldn't tell.

"If only." You heard yourself mutter, you didn't mean to, it just fell out.

"(Y/N)?"

"Hiro?"

"(Y/N)! Oh my gosh!" Hiro took his arms and wrapped them tightly around you. You were gonna miss him.

"Hiro, I know where to find my dad."

"Where? I'll go with you!" He pulls apart, still holding you, but now looking at you.

"No, it has to just be me. He's in Bloomside."

"I'm not leaving you alone in Bloomside! That's a bad place!"

"I have to get him, Hiro."

"I'm going with you!"

"Us too!" You hear GoGo say, walking closer to you. "We've left you alone long enough, I think it's about time we join you." She smiled.

"What's Bloomside like anyway?" Wasabi asked, curiously.

"It's not great. Lots of crime and stuff, but it smells of vanilla!" You perk up.

"What?!" Wasabi shouts.

"I'm definitely not leaving you alone there!" Hiro announces.

"So it's settled, we're all going to Bloomside! Your call Candy Floss, when we gonna leave?"

"We'll leave in a week, I still need to think."

Hiro grabbed your hand and gave a light squeeze, "We're here for you."

"If only." You mumbled, looking over at Emila, who was staring at Hiro, with awe in her eyes.