Chapter 12 - Long Way Home

"Okay, so how long does it take to get to Bloomside by car?" Wasabi asked.

"Car? Oh no! That'll take too long, we're taking the Baymax." You responded nodding your head towards 'The Baymax.'

"Uhh, no thanks on that! I'm taking a car like a sane person would do! No way I'm dangling off that marshmallow again!" Wasabi added.

Well great, You thought.

"Well, looks like we are taking the long way." Hiro said.

Wasabi and Honey Lemon smiled, whilst GoGo and you rolled your eyes.

• • •

With Baymax in his box and the day ending at SFIT. The gang placed their small luggage in the trunk and prepared themselves. Wasabi in the driver's seat, GoGo in shotgun, Honey and Fred were in the middle section, then Emila, you, and Hiro were in the back.

"Ahh, nice, warm, safe, car!" Wasabi boasted towards you.

"Shut up." You muttered.

Hiro reassuringly grabbed your hand, lacing his fingers with yours. "It's okay, (Y/N)." You took a deep breath and smiled at him. His eyes held love and hope. You didn't know where you two stood, but you had finally accepted one thing: you're in love with Hiro. And he was in love with you.

Emila just looked over at you, if looks could kill you'd be six feet under. "Hey Hiro? Do I have something on my face?" She asked, politely.

"No." Hiro responded after examining her face closely. He kept his hand in mine the whole time.

"Thank you, Hiro," Emila smiled, kissing his cheek. "I'm tired, it's gonna be a long drive." She laid her head on his shoulder and then snuggled up against him. Despite Hiro's attempts, he couldn't get her off, he just shrugged at you and smiled awkwardly.

You unlaced your hand with Hiro's and plugged your earbuds into your phone, putting on (Favorite artist). You then placed one earbud in your ear and the other in Hiro's, linking your hand with Hiro's shortly afterward.

After the first song ended, you noticed Emila had cuddled against her armrest, so you took advantage of Hiro's new space and leaned your head on his shoulder. You felt his chest freeze for a second, his body then grew in warmer. After a few more seconds, Hiro placed his hands around your waist and then continued his normal breathing pattern. He drew shapes into your skin and hummed along to the current song on play. You wanted to stay liked this forever. It may take six hours, but you didn't want them to end if they were to be like this.

At some point, Emila woke up. All hell broke loose when she tugged Hiro's arm and kissed his cheek, pulling him over to her and away from you.

"Hey, (Y/N)? Are there any good hotels in Bloomside?" Wasabi asks you.

"No. No one ever visits Bloomside. It's a small, high crime-rate town that's mostly composed of apartments, a fast food place and I think there's a bank? If you wanna stay somewhere, we'll have to stop here in Springcreek at the motel."

"What exit should I take for that?"

"Seven B." You state bluntly unlatching your hand from Hiro's and resting your chin on your left palm against the windowsill, thing. What happened to sisters before misters? You thought. With still another four hours before arriving to Springcreek for a hotel, you all decide to take a rest stop. Wasabi finds a gas station to fill up the van and get some snacks. You walk with Hiro into the candy aisle. "Hey, look!" you call to him, finding his hand and tugging it towards you.

"What?" he asks.

You take your hands and move his head to face. He gasps loudly, "Gummy bears!" he then pouts when he realises he didn't bring any money.

You grab the bears, some berry sour gummy worms, and (favourite soda) for you two to share. "It's on me." you smile.

"You know I love you, right?" His eyes looking at yours with such intensity and love.

You blush a little and respond, "I know."

You purchase the candy and soda and then you and Hiro make your way back to the van, surprisingly, before everyone else. You find your spot from earlier and move Hiro to his. You look at Hiro and his eyes gaze into yours with desire. On impulse, he connects his lips to yours. You're shocked at first, then scared someone might see you, but then you welcome the feeling. Your heart racing a mile a minute. Your hands find their way to the opposite sides of his hoodie, pulling him closer to you. His hand explores your back then to your waist, pulling you closer but never close enough. When you hear talking and laughter, you both pull away. "Ha, your face is red." You point.

"Yeah, well, your lips are swollen."

"Shi- " he kisses the swear off your lips, one last time before everyone comes back into the car. Your face was red.

"(y/n), you okay? Your face is bright red." Honey Lemon chirps.

"Oh, yeah i'm fine, just choked on my soda!" Hiro squeezes your hand for coming up with a good excuse.