Chapter 8.5- His House

This is a flashback, the entire thing will be set back in chapter 8 when she finds out where he lives.
kinda depressing.
-your lucky rabbit, cady

"If you need me, you can find me at 344 S. Pearview
-Dad"

How did he think this awful note in my room would blow over when he knows very well about my anger towards him.

You told yourself this was awful, but it wasn't as bad as you made it out it to be. If anything, it was just what you needed. You needed closure, why he left, was it your fault? You needed to know, you yearned to know.

"Taxi!" You shouted, grabbing your coat, the letter, and leaving the Café. You managed to get the attention of a taxi, hop in, and tell him the address, "344 S. Pearview." You proudly said.

You anxiously tapped your finger on the leather seats of the yellow cab. It wasn't long until the rain had started pouring down. Usually, when rain falls, it starts slow—like sleep—and then it starts going faster. This, was different; the rain started without any doubts.

"Hey! Kid!" The taxi driver said.

"Oh, um, sorry."

"That'll be $2.87."

"Okay, here." You handed him a five dollar bill and told him to keep the change as you closed the door of the mustard yellow taxi.

Your eyes scan over the nice suburban neighborhood street. It wasn't too far from the Café, so you could walk if needed. Right now, the hardest part was walking to the door. The rain hitting onto your head only got harder so you decided now would be a good time to try and escape a second shower.

You lifted your left foot, followed by your right and so on, but very slowly. Your feet unable to move once they made it to the door. Luckily, you only needed your hands to knock. You gently lifted your hand and formed your fingers to a fist. Your fist then colliding with the wood, one, two, three, four times in eighth note formation.

When he opened the door, a fire lit in your heart. "Why did you leave?" You forced the words out of your mouth.

Your words catch him by surprise, but he comes up with an answer rather quickly. "There are times when you can't raise a family. It was my fault, never yours. I wasn't ready for you or your sister. Emotionally and definitely mentally. I wasn't ready."

"Then why did you take her with you?"

"You both were just supposed to remember the half you were raised with. Your mother, I didn't want to leave her. I loved her."

His words pierced your heart.

"And then what? We find each other years later and realise we're twins that were separated? This isn't The Parent Trap, (father's name). You would call me, only to shout hurtful things at me. I put up with the that for years and then finally gave up. I tried so hard not to be mad at you, but I am! I want to be at piece with this but I can't! You left, that was choice. Your job was to stay, but you couldn't even do that."

"(Y/N), I came back." He pleaded.

"Yeah, that's where you messed up. I would've been just fine without you, so why you came back, I don't know."

"I wanted to see y-"

"Don't. Don't give me that crap. It's a lie. You can't just lie to me anymore, Emila may believe them, but I won't. I had to grow up faster than I should've. I took every class just to get the heck out of Bloomside, get a scholarship, and to start helping out mom. Did you know that I had to help pay for the apartment? No eleven year old girl should have to worry about having to take extra classes and work until midnight babysitting."

"I'm sorry." His eyes avert my furious gaze.

"I know you are, but I don't think I can forgive you. I have forgiven myself for hating you. Lose my number, don't talk to me, and I'm sorry that it has to be this way."

With that, you started walking home. Ready to just crawl into bed and hug Hiro tightly until the he pain goes away. When your tears added to the puddles in the ground, you started to run home. When you got to the café, you didn't tell Hiro, he just held you until the sobs turned into soft snores for you both.

Hope you enjoyed my lovely bunnies.
Love,
-your lucky rabbit, cady