Epilogue

You stare lovingly at the little girl sleeping in your arms. You named her (Baby name) and she looks just like her father. She is your pride and joy and you can't wait until she's old enough to want to know stories of your life.

Hiro and you had a long fling, but not all first loves become forever loves. The split was mutual as you wanted to travel the world and he felt the need to stay put. Long distance never really works forever.

You rock your baby back and forth in the park, the wood of the bench you sat upon creaking with each little movement. You look up at the skyline to see a bright (f/c) banner being strung between two trees. The banner read, "Hamada family reunion of 2026!"

It was so hard to believe that ten years ago your parents died, you fell in love, you moved, you became a Hamada. Everything changed within the blink of an eye.

"Aw, she's so cute!" You hear a familiar voice squeal. You turn around to see Aunt Cass. "(Y/N)! I've not seen you since the baby was born! How are you? I'm so sorry about (Husband's Name), he only passed a year ago, I didn't think you'd come. You've been so secluded."

"I'm fine. I decided I needed to interact with my family more often." You give her a smile and sigh, "I really missed you guys."

"Well Hiro should be here any minute now, I know you two will have some catching up to do! Gosh, when was the last time you saw him?"

"About... six years ago." You told her, finally admitting to yourself that the two of you had drifted apart and he was just the one that got away. You haven't seen each other since you two broke up.

"Well, I'll let you mingle. Want me to take her off your hands? I just love her so much!" She sings. You hold her out and watched her smile grow. "Ooh! Come to Nana Cass!" Cass takes off with your only friend and the diaper bag, thus leaving you alone.

You close your eyes and take a deep breath of the fresh air. Letting your eyes then flutter open and look around at the scenery. You find yourself idiotically staring a flower, specifically a tulip surrounded by others. This particular tulip was pale yellow, while the ones surrounding it were red. Such warm colors for warm weather. You look up from the ground to see a tall, bushy haired figure in jeans and a collared shirt looking around. When his eyes find yours, a smile finds his lips. You stand up from your bench and begin to walk slowly towards him. He mimics your actions. You begin running and so does he. You feel your breathing becoming heavy as you run faster and so does he. It wasn't long until your were in his arms and knocked him to the ground, rolling down a hill with your head on his chest. When the rolling stops, you look up at the man you'd not seen in six years. "This was how we first met." You say to him, giggling like you were fourteen again.

"Not completely." He responds, teasing you.

"I'm not kissing you." You laugh.

"Can't blame a guy for trying." He chuckles.

• • •

"How are you?" He asks.

"I'm fine. After I left I met someone, got married, had a baby. The white picket fence, stay-at-home mom and everything. But, he, uh, he died a year ago."

"Wow, widow at twenty-four." He laughs. You shove him with your shoulder as you two continue to walk through the large park.

"What about you?" You ask.

"I've been waiting for you." He says, rubbing his neck with his hand.

"Are you joking?" You laugh awkwardly.

"No. I'm completely and utterly serious." He smiles, taking your hand and lacing his fingers with yours. "I can't move on from you because I know you're the best I can do."

"Hiro I... I don't know what to say."

"Then don't say anything, and move back here. I know you don't like it in Portland and now you are alone with (baby name)? I won't stand for it."

"I don't know." You sigh.

Hiro releases your hand and places them both on your jawline, rubbing the apple of your cheek with the pad of his thumb. "I love you. I've loved you for ten years and I don't think I could ever stop. Please, say you want to come back." He steps closer to you.

"Okay." You smile, stepping closer you can rest your forehead on his chest. You nuzzle your head against the side of his neck. You had forgotten how safe you felt around him, the safely never ceased. "Hiro, I've never stopped loving you." You reach up on your tiptoes to kiss his nose. "You're my soulmate."

Without skipping a beat, Hiro lets his lips graze upon yours and you do the same. Fluttering your eyes close and you let the feeling of his lips take you further. You pul back, releasing yourself from his lips.

"I love you, Hiro Hamada."

"I love you, (y/n) (l/n)."

The end (for real?)