Chapter 7- Too Young

It was one week ago.

The gang stopped being around you. You didn't know why, maybe it was the superhero thing? They said they'd include you, but they're not here. You're watching the news and there they are. Fighting Professor Callaghan with Baymax. You watch them conclude the fight only to see Hiro and Baymax enter the alternate dimension. You spring off your seat and started breathing heavily. No way, there's no way he could do this alone.

You bolt to the garage and try to find your old walkie-talkie and wire it to Hiro's helmet, moving the dial side by side to connect.

"There she is!" you heard. "Hyper sleep?" He questioned.

"Hiro?!" You cry.

"Huh? (Y/N)" You heard.

"Hiro! Oh my god!"

"(Y/N) I can't talk right now! I'm trying to do something. I don't have time to help you understand your advanced coder books." His words stung my heart.

"I just wanted to help you."

"(Y/N) I'm-"

"No, it's okay." You lied and turned off the radio.

When your birthday came along the next day, nobody noticed. You were turning fourteen and nobody celebrated it with you, except Aunt Cass who made you a sweet little cupcake. You thanked her as she handed you a small box wrapped in paper with a paisley design on it. You carefully unwrapped the gift and then opened the box without hesitation.

The inside revealed a beautiful charm bracelet, with no charms yet so it was just a silver bangle, and then underneath the wrinkled, purple tissue paper laid a small and silver charm. It had a shining heart, engraved in the heard said the words, "I love you - Mom."

You started to break. You tried to be strong about your mother's passing, but you can only hold tears back for so long until you explode.

"She told me to save it for you. She had a charm for every occasion and since she didn't have a will, the lawyer thought I should have them since I'm your legal guardian."

"Thank you, Aunt Cass." You say in between sobs.

You gave her a soft hug and then she left. Your tears lightly dropping as you grabbed your photo album and looked through the pictures you shared with mom.

This was the moment that Hiro walked into the room. He looked as if he was looking for something until his gaze fell on me. "(Y/N)? What's wrong? What happened?!" His voice shaky.

"You forgot my birthday. You've been ignoring me. The only one who remembered was Aunt Cass and I never even told her when my birthday was!"

He looked hurt at your response but then healed as he announced, "I didn't forget." He smirked at me and took my hand.

You feel something in the pit of your stomach when he touched you. You don't know what it is, but it makes your heart flutter.

"(Y/N), I like you, a lot."

"Hiro, I don't know how I feel."

"Really? Because I think you do." He smiles at me.

"I just- I don't know how to act on my feelings towards you if I'm afraid of them."

"(Y/N), you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my whole fourteen years of life and I don't know how I lived this long without knowing you. You're an amazing person."

My cheeks flushed at his words.

"The feeling is mutual, Hiro."

Hope you enjoyed the fluff, my lovely bunnies.
Love,
-your lucky rabbit, cady