Chapter 13- The old apartment

To say you were happy to be back in Bloomside was an understatement, you were off your rocker. It was a bittersweet feeling though. You were reminded of the teachers that never cared if you failed their book reports or that you had to work to support your family at the age of eleven. The friends you never made because you were stuck with your head in the clouds. The dogs you had to walk because you had to help your mom. The word sounded too delicate to let slip out of your lips. As your friends gathered into your abandoned apartment that no one wanted since your mom died, you couldn't help but feel angered.

Nothing made sense about why he was here, why did they have to bring him here? You would ask.

Out of frustration you became desperate for someone's attention, you wanted someone to hold you, ask you if you were okay. The gang had left for groceries and Hiro went to explore, leaving Baymax alone in the house with you. You turned up the television and stomped on the floor, hoping to annoy Ms. Rezenik on the floor below you. You ended up slamming your foot onto the coffee table and crying out in pain and that got Baymax up.

"Hello, (Y/N), I was alerted for the need of medical treatment when you said, 'Ow!' What seems to be the trouble?" He asked kindly.

"It's nothing you can fix, Baymax." You whimpered.

"Researching treatments for personal loss, I am downloading Personal Loss into my healthcare mainframe. It says that time with loved ones and distractions from the problem at hand should help, I am contacting Hiro Hamada." He nodded.

"Why Hiro?" You stuttered.

"According to my observations, when around Hiro, you receive a rise of endorphins and makes your heart rate increase."

"Endorphins?" You muttered, hoping that Baymax couldn't hear you. As soon as the words crawled from your lips, you heard a knock. That was fast. You thought. "Coming!" You announce, letting Hiro know you were on your way.

"Yeah, I'm sure this is where she used to live! Please don't hurt her!" You hear muffled noises as you make your way out of your old room. It sounds like your Father and some other men are outside the door. You carefully tiptoe back to your room, telling Baymax to keep quiet and video call Hiro. "She should've gotten the note, I swear I wrote it! Please stop!" You hear.

"Come on, Hiro," you beg at the screen on Baymax's stomach, "Please answer!" You whisper-shouted.

Ring
Ring
Ring.

"(Y/N)? What's up?" You hear Hiro ask. Immediately, you shush him. "Huh? What's wrong?"

"There's someone here with dad, Hiro I think they're gonna hurt me and my father. Hiro help please!" You beg.

"(Y/N) I need you to be quiet and calm. I'll stay on the phone with you but I'll disable my camera." You hear a beep that meant he had turned video off. "I'm keeping yours on so I can see them, okay." You nod shakily, cautious not to make a noise.

When you heard a bang you knew this was it. You gasped loudly and whispered, "They're here." Hiro took a deep breath in and thought of a response.

"The only way to get your dad back is for them to take you." Tears started to slip from your eyes as he muttered his last response, "(Y/N), I'll find you... I promise. I will find you and we can be happy together because I love you and I don't want you to hurt anymore. I'll save you and your father, I promise." He sniffles through his nose, making it obvious he's on the brink of tears.

"I love you." You whispered.

Another loud bang later and then you hear footsteps echo throughout the apartment. "Hiro, they're inside." When he didn't respond, you knew he had to have muted his microphone. Please don't find me.

You duck your way underneath the bed and hold your breath for long periods of time to try to stay as quiet as possible. You hear the footsteps grow louder and closer to you. "You swear this was her room?" You hear.

"Yeah, I'd know her room anywhere, she is my daughter." Your father's words shock you.

"Well she's not here. I guess she doesn't know you're gone." A man laughs after the comment. "It's okay though, we have the other girl."

"Emila?" You muttered. However, it wasn't as quiet as you had hoped.

"She's here." You hear one announce. Your breath hitches and eyes widened as you feel hands grip onto your ankles. Without a second thought you scream, alerting Hiro that they've taken you. When you were out from under the bed you whipped your arms and legs at the two men holding you. "This should shut you up." As he uncovers a needle and injects you with its contents your eyes close and you fell back into their grasp.

Sorry for being late. Check it out, a long chapter! :)
I love you bunnies!
Love,
-your lucky rabbit, echo