Chapter 8- Denial

Baymax, your fluffy marshmallow, gone. Hiro just delivered the dreadful news to you and you swear you're having a heart attack. "(Y/N), are you okay?"

"No! Baymax was the last thing I had left from..."

"Tadashi. You spent time with Baymax, because you miss Tadashi. You helped code him and were there through every step."

"Yeah, that." you say flatly.

"(Y/N) I-"

"You know what sucks? I met Tadashi through Baymax. Baymax and Tadashi are now dead. I want them both back I want everyone back. First my mom, now Baymax?! Tadashi... my sister." Your tone saddened as with each name that was no longer in your life.

"Sister?" Hiro questioned.

"Yeah," I pause, "She, um, she lives with my dad now so I can't see her, unless you wanna fly me to Bloomside."

"Uh... doesn't your dad live here now?"

Your eyes brightened, you could find your sister. You grab Hiro's hand and drag him down the stairs.

• • •

Just as Father opened the door, you bolted out, grabbing your sister's hand.

"C'mon Emila!" you called.

"I'm coming (Y/N)! I'm coming!"

You stopped to grab her hand and drag her closer to the swing set.

That was the best birthday of your life. You and your twin swung on the swing sets, ran around, and jumped on top of the leaf piles.

Little did you know that the next week, your father would go away with Emila.

"Where are you going? Daddy? Emila?! Why is he taking her?!" you cried out. Quickly, you ran to the nearest phone in the house. You called your mom, who was out with her parents for the weekend.

After two rings she picks up, "Hello?"

"Mommy!"

"(y/n), honey, can this wait?"

"They're gone, mommy!"

• • •

"How will we know where he lives?" Hiro asked.

"I've been to his house here."

"How? Wait, why? When?!"

"It's... uh... a long story."

• • •

You examine the street, South Pearview.

Your hands start shaking as you both ease in closer to the house

340

342

344

Your heart skips when you reach the dreaded number. 344 south pearview. You and Hiro walk up the driveway and around the landscape's perimeter. You carefully ring the doorbell of my father's house. Hiro exchange glances with you before he takes your hand and whispers, "It'll be okay, (Y/N)." and smiles.

The doorknob jiggles.

Oh god.

You hear the door unlock.

Should my heart be beating this fast?

The door opens, revealing a girl a little taller than you but not taller than Hiro, (y/h/c) hair knotted up into a messy bun. Her (y/e/c) eyes burning into mine.

"(Y/N)!" Emila called towards you, horror in her eyes. A relieved smile finding its way to you lips.

"Emila!" you called back, a smile in your eyes.

"(Y/N)! No! He's gone! He disappeared or something, I don't know where the hell he went!"

"Calm down, Emila." You tell her as you catch Hiro staring at her. "Who are you talking about?"

"Dad! He's gone!"