Chaper one.

|Zara|
Things are not always as they may seem in this house. There are a lot of things you don't know about this family

When I was three my father was killed right in front of my eyes cruel right the man that killed my father never got caught so I took matters into my own hands.

I live in St Louis Missouri with my mom and little sister and step farther. I never really liked him any way he was always looking at my sister kinda weird and he didn't even have a job. My mother remarried right after dad was killed sometimes I think she the one who had him killed.

mom wants you. " sky said

" what happen to your eye.. " I asked her pulling her hand down to see her black eye.

" nothing mane just go see what she wants before she comes up here." Sky said yanking away.

I nodded waxlking out the room the Living room. The smell of old smoke and sour I stepped over the broken glass that on the floor. She was laid on the sofa sleeping with no care in the world. She wasn't all ways like this I guess she didn't take dad death lightly.

" Zara is that you. " she asked. " your father coming home today." She sat up pulling out dad's dog chains. I stared at them feeling my tears run down my face.

" mom he's gone dad's not coming home." I Said looking at the door Wishing he would walk through the door.

" you was his little soldier your all grown up. I'm get better for the both of you." She said coughing. I grabbed her water bottle that was on the table. Sky came down the strairs in my sweat shirt. I looked down to see her not moving no no she can't be Dead she promise us she get better that she stop.

" mom wake up get up." I said shaking her. Sky came in the room where she heard me crying over her body. My loud sobs echoed from my thoart I hit her body sky came over pulling me into her chest. " she gone sky she's gone." I stood up placing her favorite blanket over her.

I gave sky the look telling her to go pack. I ran to the kitchen Turing on the stove and taking the money that I hid under the broken floorboards.

" come on in got everything." Sky said.

" kiss mom goodbye." I told her. She walked over placed a kiss on her check. I lit the match throwing on the floor and walked out.

|Sky. |

We was waiting for zani and inani to meet up with us. I haven't cried yet since we left the house Zara on the other hand haven't stop even though they was quite you still mange to hear them. Zani walked over from across the street with her bags on her shoulder.

" ready imani waiting for us." Zani said.

" okay ." Zara said standing up walking across the street into the alley . Zanie noticed her mood but didn't say anything about it. We looked for a unlock door when we finally found it. The area was big enough for us to sleep. I threw my bag and claimed up Zara helped imani up. The pulled off Zara and imani had swept the dust out.

" are you hungry" zani asked me.

I took the bread and the water out her hands thanking her. I finished my food threw the trash outside. I laid down letting feeling my eyes get heavy.

The next day the train stop as expected and we got off. Imani and Zara walked ahead of us in the thick bush. My mind wander to her dead body she looked so fragile lying there. I wished she got the help that she needed because I couldn't deal with losing both parents.