chapter 18

Imani pov.

This couldn't be happening to me right now. Her words replayed in my head over and over again how could i be so foolish.

I knew there was a possibility that something was up. When she told me that so was clean and she wasn't doing drugs again or cutting.

" zani stay up " i was sobbing.

" I tried so fucking hard man...to fit in and to open up to people....imani why am so fucking pathetic man uh why dont anyone loves me..why am I'm not good enough.."she cried

I didnt know what to say at the moment. Her head was in my lap i couldn't lose her. Ever since we was little grandma always made me promise to look after her.

" you remember when grandma made those cookies for the neighbors and we ate them." I said.

" yeah she beated our ass and made us make more...imani do miss her and momma." She asked

There wasn't a day where i didnt think of my mother and grandma.

" everyday zani..how many pills did you take." I asked her.

" ten " she replied

" thats it only ten zani nothing else." When i asked that she turned away.

" yeah " i cant fucking belive that she just lied right in face like that.

" so the coke just magical made its way on the fucking plan then." I yelled.

" imani im not fucking oding okay. I can fuckig stop any time i want ". She yelled

" then fucking STOP MAN IF YOU CAN ANYTIME.. you been snorting and poping pills for how long man since grands die" i yelled back.

" I FUCKING NO ONE TO TALK TO OKAY IMANI. NOT YOU,NOT MOM AND DAD." She screamed through tears.

" you had me okay your sister okay. I was there for you zani. Even tho momma gave you up for adoption and we didnt meet until middle school.I WAS STILL THERE." I yelled.

" i knew zara wasn't my real sister okay. My mother told me that ma didnt want me." She said and turned around.

How can she think that mom didnt want her. She was all she talked about. How she was gonna get clean to get her baby girl back and she wished the debt was paid for.

" she did love you zani but mom had debt okay. She traded  you and skylar out to keep you safe..she couldn't  put you in the environment that she was staying in. You know she called everyday when you was a baby to make sure that they was treating you right." I told her.

" man she coulda told me this" she walked.