chapter 13

Skylar pov.

Things have changed not for the best the worst. Imani and Zara have been acting like lovers who lost their love for each but keep trying to save what's left of it.

Zanie barely talks and when she does her voice sounds like it's been holding the pain and suffering from the past,that she seems to have sleepless nights about.

And I am is acting as if this is just a fairytale in a book and that I'll wake up and things would be normal. But it's not imani and Zara are losing the ones they love, Zanie is losing herself and I am afraid of living because I lost everyone that I truly loved.

"Hey" her voice was low but mange to a angel touch to it. She looked like she been through more things that I could count on my fingers and she only here cause this is her last hope.

"Hello. How are you feeling" my words comes out like water out of a sink that been waking all day just to be ran and sipped by the lips of the one who needs me.

" I seen better days,when do we leave for the flight"  she had her bags packed and labeled so she wouldn't lose them on the way to the aorport." Noon" she looked at the clock on the wall and turned away from me.

Leaving me in my own personal thoughts that I wished to get rid of, the  back door opened and then was slam shut letting me know that she went out for a walk.

" You know that things are not going to be the same as before sky. I can't take care of anymore."  I didn't know that Zara was standing beside me. When I finally realized that she was talking to me. My body froze up and became cold." I can't" it came out like a child voice who was scared to sleep in the room alone because of the monster that was under the bed.

The only difference between the child and me is that my monster are real and I can't escape form them If I tried to.

Zara looked at me then quickly looked away from me, she was ashamed of me . Her eyes reminder of the eyes that my farther would give when I lost a game. The same look my friends gave me when I told them about the voices in my head.

" get your things and go to the car. Wait for me there" that was last thing she said.

I mange to get my things to the car in five minutes. I sat back in the seat wondering if she was going to tell the others that we're leaving.

" why" her voice was raspy as if see been crying and trying to keep it hidden in her throat so one will hear her sorrow crys.

" I miss ma Zara I know you don't wanna hear about this. But I wish can turn back time."

"Mom is dead sky get over it." I froze not wanting to believe her words. So my heart did the only thing that I knew I decided that it was a dream. "Stop playing Zara mom's in rehab getting better for us".

When I didn't hear her say that I was right the news felt like a thousand pounds was on my chest.

"When"

That was only thing I could muster up.

" after we left.she overdosed and pops founded her" I watch my sister keep up this wall order to protect herself form seeming weak.

"Zara it's okay to cry."

Her hands griped the steering wheel tightly. The car came to a stop and the sound that was made was the sound of her sobs child like when you lose the favorite toy you had forever. Only thing this wasn't just anything it was mother and mines too.