Chapter 36

Chapter 36

I threw our luggage into the boot of the jeep Louis had rented for us. We were going to a small woodland area near a lake. It sounded like it was going to be fun. Hopefully it would be fun- after all, we are only going for four days.

"Who's riding shotgun?" Tommy asked creeping up behind me.

"I don't mind since we're all friends here Holmes." Louis replied using the old nickname. It made me tense but the look on Eleanor's face calmed me when she seemed so relaxed. I have been a little wary around Tommy recently and I have been attempting to get all the information out of Ellie I can. She still hasn't told me the truth, she keeps reminding me to be careful around him.

"Well in that case, I'm in the front." Tommy replied smirking. I had the strange feeling that if he could have driven this jeep then he would have. I checked my handbag to make sure my small black medicine case was in there, thankfully they reduced my medication by one pill but I'm still taking the magical mix. Once satisfied that all of our cases were in the back I pulled over the rain cover and tied it securely.

"You know I could have helped you with that." Louis said frowning. "You shouldn't be lifting heavy things." He stated.

"I'm fine. I want to be active." I replied. It was true. Mentally I felt as if I could sleep for a thousand years (watch out sleeping beauty) but physically I could run the world- twice.

"Do you have your pills?" He asked.

"Yeah, stop worrying about me mate." I gave him a weak smile and climbed into the back with Eleanor next to me. It is going to take about six hours to get to this cabin since we weren't taking the motorway to get there (which would have cut the time in half). Eleanor said we could use this as bonding time before the holiday. I am honestly so thankful to get away from this bloody town and I am so thankful my mother thought it was about time I took a break too even though I wasn't too thrilled about leaving Lucy she then convinced me I needed to worry about myself for once and treat myself to a break. It was foggy outside but not really warm, I pulled my checked shirt closer to my body when a slight breeze hit us; for some reason unknown to me, Tommy insisted on keeping his window open and I was ,of course, behind him. We weren't even driving yet and I was already cold-I never should have worn shorts!

"You cold?" Louis asked looking at me through the driver's mirror.

"A little." He climbed out of his seat and moved around the vehicle. He returned with a dark green fluffy blanket. I took the blanket and sat in my set quietly spreading over Eleanor and myself. I looked at Tommy's reflection in the side mirror and saw that it was blank- maybe I'm just paranoid.

Finally we began our journey to the cabin.

"Let's listen to some music." Louis said trying to fill the silence. He clicked a button on the dashboard and One Direction started playing.

"You listen to your own music in your car?" Tommy remarked.

"Well how else am I going to know them- off by heart- for the concerts?" Louis tried to hid his smirk but failed miserably making Eleanor and I smile to ourselves. Tommy didn't look happy however.

"Do you have the aux cord?" I asked fishing out my iPod. "I have bought my iPod." I was then passed a white wire to plug my iPod into. I scrolled through the choices before finally deciding to let shuffle decide. Yet still we sat in silence. I decided to use his as time to ponder over asking Tommy what Ellie meant, of course I won't mention names but I just feel like it is time to figure out what's going on.

"Lou can we stop?" Eleanor asked. "I need the loo."

"Yeah sure, we are about twenty minutes away from a rest stop I think, I'll pull over when we get there. We can pick up lunch while we're there too." Louis replied. This was my chance. If I ask Tommy in a public place then there is a bigger chance he won't freak the fuck out. Besides better do it now while I have built up enough courage to.

We pulled up to a small complex, there were a few small restaurants, a coffee shop, a supermarket and some restrooms. I didn't know how I was going to ask Tommy but it's now or never I guess.

"So have you been back to the hospital since I was discharged?" I asked walking next to him.

"No why?" He said rather bluntly.

"I was just wondering, some of the staff ask about you." I lied- in all honesty, I have no idea where I am going with this.

"Do they now." He sighed and muttered something under his breath.

"Maybe you left an impression." I said trying to make it seem innocent.

"I left something." He said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked- maybe I am finally getting somewhere.

"Nothing for you to worry about princess." He smiled and rubbed my head making me feel like a small child.

"Why won't you just tell me?" I asked.

"Because it's none of your business." He stated rather sternly. "I'll go get you some coffee." He said stomping off. Suddenly Louis was beside me.

"You okay?" He said his stare following where Tommy now stood.

"Yeah fine." I said trying to make it sound legit.

"Everything okay between you two?" He pried.

"Peachy." Now I was giving short, blunt answers. Louis gave me an odd look meaning I should just tell him. "Just something one of my nurses said. I'll tell you later." I said. I am going to tell him later because maybe Louis will be able to get it out of him. Tommy returned with a small cup of coffee and handed it towards me.

"Hazelnut, your favourite." Tommy said.

"Actually-" I cut Louis off by stomping on his foot.

"Thank you." I smiled at Tommy and took a sip. Eleanor re-joined us and we began walking back towards the jeep.

"Hazelnut isn't your favourite." Louis said quietly to me while our partners conversed in front of us. "Caramel with a hint of vanilla is."

"I know." I said sipping the coffee.

"Why does he think hazelnut is your favourite? And why did you step on my foot?" He asked.

"I have no idea why he thinks it is my favourite. I almost never have hazelnut. And stepped on your foot before you said something stupid." I playfully glared at him.

"Why didn't you say it wasn't your favourite?" He asked- Louis asks a lot of questions.

"It's kind of related to what I was going to tell you. Ellie (my nurse) told me to be careful around him and that I didn't want to know the truth about him. I have been trying to get 'the truth' out of her but it's no use." I explained to Louis. "I think he did something to get me discharged but I don't know what and I don't know if I am over-reacting." I sighed.

"Are you scared of him?" Louis asked.

"No. He just intimidates me- sometimes." This is ridiculous. He never used to.

"Don't worry love." Louis said touching my nose making me smile. "We'll figure this out."

I really hope so.

A/N

OMG it's been ages since I updated this book. Two chapters in one week. I am on fire. Lol.

DEDICATION TO:@KirstenCragg

GUESS THE SONG:

'I'm headed straight for the castle. They wanna make me there queen. And there's an old man sitting on a throne that's saying that I probably should be so mean.'

~Jadey6688