Chapter 27

Chapter 27

I ran past the tree trying to dodge it- I failed running straight into the side, scraping my side off of the hard bark. I winced and carried on running. I have to get away. I could hear my pulse in my ears and my heavy breathing, my legs are weakening and becoming numb- there is no way I can carry on but I have to. I have to get away.

"Jay! You will not be able to get away that easy!" His sickening voice rang. I'm not able to figure out where it's coming from because the echoes are bouncing off of everything. I stopped for a second to catch my breath then carried on running, bushes cutting and grazing my face and body as I run past in a lightning speed. Tiny droplets of blood slid down my face and spilled into my hands when I touched the little, but deep, scratches on my forehead.

Suddenly, my foot caught on a root that had burst out of the ground and I came tumbling down, face down, into the dirt. I rolled over onto my back and wiped the dirt off my face- also savouring these few seconds I am going to allow myself to rest.

"You should know by now." I saw Louis emerge out of the blur of bushes with the weapon so shiny and threatening in his hands. "You don't and can't run away from me." The glint in is eye which accompanied the evil smile he wore is what made me run in the first place, I never thought it would lead me into the woods and I never thought he would catch me.

"Please no." I begged. He simply laughed as if it was a game.

"No please." I edged back and he drew near me with the knife ready to plunge it into some part of my body.

"No!" I screamed as he edged closer, my back also hitting something hard behind me, stopping my from going any further. "No!" My piercing scream filled the words.

"Jay! Jay! Jay, wake up!" Someone shook me and pulled me out of my nightmare with their soft voice. I woke with a startle and looked at Eleanor with wide eyes.

"Are you okay? You were screaming?" She asked with a look of concern on her face.

"Yeah I am fine. Just a nightmare." I whispered still shaken from the haunting images.

"Erm just to let you know, Louis arrived twenty minutes ago." She stuttered.

"Great." I replied and she left to go get him. This is the last thing I need, I had completely forgotten about him coming, after my conversation with Eleanor I said I needed to rest so she told Louis to come later; I guess its later. After that nightmare I don't know whether I will be able to do this. Come on Jay get it together; it wasn't real.

Soon enough, Louis entered holding two bouquets of flowers- red roses, my favourite actually and a mixture of lilies and carnations. He handed the mix to Eleanor and gave her a passionate kiss then approached me a step at a time- probably cautious of if I would faint again. Once he saw I wouldn't he handed the roses. I smiled awkwardly and took them to smell them.

"Thank you." I said placing them on the side of my bed.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Erm, tired." I replied. Jesus this is so awkward, you could cut the tension with a knife.

"Do you want me to go?" Eleanor said picking up her bag and shoes (yes she took her shoe off, she was here for a few hour, you would too).

"No!" I said quickly and loudly. "Stay please." I begged; if Eleanor is here I am certain I will be a lot stronger.

"Okay." She said sitting back down.

"Jay." Louis said sitting down on the chair nearest my bed. "I was, am a fucking twat! I've hurt you thousand times over and you have given me more chances than I deserve. If I were you I wouldn't forgive me, except I need you to forgive me. I have to make everything up to you and make this all okay. Fuck, it may never be okay. I have weighed your life down and locked your trust up in a titanium box, because of me you are broken, because of me you are in here!" I am silent. I don't know what to say. I'm not ready to forgive him yet and I have made my mind up about that.

"Say something." Louis' voice strained.

"I can't forgive you... yet." I whispered, it hurting when I looked at him.

"What?" He whispered, devastated.

"At least not yet. Maybe when I get out of here. We can talk then." I said.

"Okay." He looked hurt. "Do you mind if I stay?" He asked and looked at me like a lost puppy so I couldn't help it but nod my head. He smiled and sat back in his chair while Eleanor gave me a thumbs up.

***
Its time.

It's time to ask my mother the question about my father. I don't know how she will react but it needs to be done. She has been sitting in that chair the past bloody hour talking about how when I get out I am going to have a full makeover, my room, hair, everything will be done to how I want it. But the thing is maybe I want to get an apartment somewhere in the city? Maybe it would be better if I did live by myself or with a roommate for a bit, just to get some distance.

"Mom where's dad?" I blurted, my mother's eye lowering along with her voice.

"What?" I she replied obviously hurt.

"He's not lost is he?" I asked.

"Are you okay, Jay maybe you should get some rest." She said trying to stroke my face.

"No. I know he is in this hospital!" My voice strained.

"What are you talking about?" She whispered.

"While I was in a coma. I was like a ghost. I was able to leave my body and wonder around the hospital. I saw Dad sitting in a room. I know he is here." I explained.

"You dreamt it." My mother said shaking her head.

"Then how do I know you visited last Tuesday at ten o' clock wearing a pink jumper with a coffee stain in the corner?" I challenged. My mother gasped and her eyes went wide.

"Your father isn't here Jay." She whispered.

"Yes he is- stop lying to me!" I shouted followed by a quick coughing fit.

"Show me." She said.

"Okay I will." I said getting out of the bed. I wrapped my arm around the IV and started walking with it.

I walked down into the corridor I saw my father. I had memorised this exact passage so I knew when it would come to it, I wouldn't go wrong. I saw the door I knew led into my father's room and waited for my mother.

"Open it." I instructed. My mother opened the door but instead of a cream and white room I was met with a grey, small cupboard filled with mops, brooms and cleaning equipment.

"No!" I shouted probably alerting the whole hospital.

"He was here." I said looking in and around.

He was here. Wasn't he?

A/N

So I know this short. Here is your chapter. Love you all loads and thanks for over 100K on this book!

DEDICATION TO: @Little_Direction37

GUESS THE SONG:
"Met this girl late last year she said don't you worry if I disappear."

Mwahh.xx

💛💙💜💚❤️💗

~Jadey6688