Chapter 21

Brooke was back

      Brooke was back.

           With her arm around Archer.

  I didn't know how I felt after hearing that Brooke slept with Mr. Rossi. I just wanted to confirm the information from Blake but she had been avoiding me for three days, almost like I'd been avoiding Archer.

    "Celeste!" Archer calls out, running towards me down the hallway with Brooke carefully at his side.

    I awkwardly shut my locker shifting positions adding a fake smile, "I actually have to go, um, my teacher wants me in class early." I mumble, turning around dashing off.

     But, I could hear him yell, "We have the same class!"  I was only avoiding Archer because how could I look him in the eye knowing what I knew.

****

     "Blake," I shout, grabbing her wrist as she tried hurriedly walking passed me. "Before you make up some feeble excuse explain the text you sent days ago."

    She sarcastically sneers, tucking a strand of hair behind her ears. "I don't know wha-"

    I release her wrist and forces my phone out my pocket and found her text message.

    "Yeah, that was a mis-" She breathes heavily, rolling her eyes.

      "A mistake that you will be explaining, Blake seriously."

     "I can't talk about this right now!" Blake admits, averting her eyes over her shoulders and flickering them back at me.

    "When will we talk? It's been four days I have been avoiding Archer. I can't keep this from him any longer! Archer deserves to know."

   Blake coughs, nudging her head to someone behind me. 

      "Know what?" Archer wonders, crossing his arms over his chest a worried glance on his face.

   I close my eyes biting down on my bottom lip before swiftly turning around shooting him a soft smile. "Uh, that, uh-" I stutter, narrowing my eyes over at Blake for some assistance.

   "To know that, um, Brooke," she swallowed her spit. "Was incredibly sick the night of winter formal."

    One of his eyebrows rose and he scrunched his eyes not buying the feeble excuse. "Why have you been avoiding me?" He wonders, digging his hands deep in his pockets.

    "I've been really busy with homework." I lie shrugging my shoulders glancing anywhere but the godly human being in front of me gazing at me genuinely.

    "My best friend can't even look me in the face and tell me what the hell is going on? Did I do something wrong?" He worriedly state a frown evident on his face. I felt a stir of guilt rise within me but then another unfamiliar feeling washed through me.