Chapter 34

Celeste's Point Of View

Three weeks ago Brooke confessed to the judge and to the entire town of Pacific Grove that she lied about everything, she even went as far as to say her mother put Archer in the condition he was in on national television. Archer hadn't told me much about his encounter with Brooke all he said was that they compromised. The compromising must have had an effect on Brooke for her to rat out her own flesh and blood. Every time I try to have a discussion about Archer's meet up with Brooke he changes the subject. Guess it really didn't matter considering Alex was set free and Diana could finally embrace in her husbands hugs except she doesn't. The couple followed through with the divorce, two weeks after Brooke's announcement.

Some said Brooke was shipped back to her country others said she moved with her Aunt in Ohio. Whatever the case may be, she wasn't around anymore to destroy my life.

Archer couldn't seem more happier his dad moved in with Uncle Reese until he could find a house of his own. Diana isn't crying as often anymore, my mom usually has girl nights with Mary and Mrs. Rossi. Everything was absolutely perfect everything except my feelings for Archer. He's been distant since that horrible double date with Olivia and Aden. Brody was a sweet guy but I only saw him as a friend. He also sees me as nothing more.

"We are here!" Mrs. Rosenfeld shouts clapping her hands. The entire bus ride to our camp area she was singing country, camping songs. Most of us joined in on the singing fiasco. Olivia shot up beside me since she had the window seat she glanced out the window with a smirk.

"Aden." She mumbles standing upright and clapping her hands. All the boys had to take the second bus and the girls were all piled on the first. Mr. Bingham was in charge of the boys yellow, school bus whereas we were stuck with the salt and peppered haired women. "I want to get off of this damn bus." Liv moans.

The bus ride was three hours too long and very uncomfortable. I straighten myself positioning my body to a more comfortable spot instead of the strained position I'd placed myself in for three hours. Olivia and I would be sharing a tent and all of our clothes are in one camping bag along with our snacks that we snuck on the bus. We weren't allowed to have food because the school provided camping foods like hot dogs, marshmallows, beans and anything you'll need for a fire.

Mrs. Rosenfeld ushered us all off the magic school bus counting each and every one of our heads. Once I stepped off the bus, I beamed around. We were surrounded by nothing but trees. All the trees were tightly-knit, just one strand in a massive web of life. Green leaves, yellow leaves, red leaves. It was a rainbow of rich, colours. The scent of earth and water drifted through the air. It was a picture of serenity, one which would endure for many long years. The bushes and trees of low growth had disappeared, to make room for gigantic mahogany trees, century old cork trees, and the acajou, whose sombre branches formed a vaulted roof of green eighty feet above my head.

"Wow, this is beautiful." I mumble fixing Liv's and I backpack straps. After gazing around I turn to face one of my best friends, Olivia. She was hugged up on Aden as he spun her around planting kisses all over her face.