Chapter 40

Being a bridesmaid was a completely aggravating task

You would think that being a bridesmaid had its luxuries, like getting the best seats at the ceremony, standing beside the bride and being recognized as one of the brides most important people. Yes, it included all of those perks but it also had it's downfalls. I got a few hours of sleep due to my late night three way phone call with Blake and Olivia. My mom decided to call all her bridesmaids at the crack of dawn to rush over to the spa. Mom insisted that the earlier we started getting ready for the wedding the better.

I was sitting in a fancy red chair at six in the morning, with some denim shorts, a flannel wrapped around me and a baggy sleeping shirt on. The manicurist files my nails while the hairstylist bumps and curls my hair with an enormous amount of bobby pins as a make-up artist, every now and then a lady swipes makeup on my face when she gets the chance. I was too tired to even peer my eyes open and I could feel myself falling over in my chair. Chloe also wasn't to ecstatic to be here.

"Celeste dear," Kelsey, the hair stylist, says tapping my shoulder. "We are almost finished so if you could sit up straight that would surely help."

I grunt lowly and with all the energy in me I sit upright and slowly open my eyes. I find myself staring at myself in the large mirror. My mind floats to the one and only, Archer. It has been four weeks since Archer's and I date at the aquarium and the candlelit rooftop dinner. We've gone on a double date with Liv and Aden that went surprisingly well, considering we argued with the waiter and waitresses all evening.  It's already May which means graduation is around the corner, along with Olivia's birthday, prom, Archer, Liv and I's trip to the city.

This last month of high school would sure be a one of fascinating memories.

Everett even told the group he was gay and everyone, as expected, couldn't careless.

And today was my parents wedding. It seemed as if everything happened so rapidly. But with all the planning, the excessive amount of visiting churches and waking up from a deep slumber to awaken at the crack of dawn-time moved extremely slow.

"And we are done—" Rachel adds spinning me around in my chair. I stare back at my reflection in the mirror in complete awe. I look really good. My eyebrows were on fleek, my face had layers of foundation with a nice contour and highlight, my eyelashes were thick and long, and my hair. Oh my god. My hair was curled and bumped towards the back into a nice style towards the back with a few loose strands hanging around my face.

Before I could thank her and everyone who helped me look presentable for my parents wedding someone speaks over the intercom, "We need all the bridesmaids to meet at the Scarlet garden, pronto."

Chloe, Mary, Diana and I all stare over at one another before saying good-bye to our stylists and abandoning the spa. The spa was surprisingly packed, so crowded that the groomsmen— Alex, Uncle Reese, Archer and few of my uncles had to get their hair clipped elsewhere.