Chapter 36

[Amazing cover graphic by: @kayamackx it's truly so stunning

[Amazing cover graphic by: @kayamackx it's truly so stunning. And make sure to listen to the song when Archers point of view comes. Don't forget to vote/comment.]

I nervously crept down the stairs the next morning after my embarrassing phone call to Archer. I just admitted to him that I fell for him. How pathetic is that? I didn't have the balls to say it to his face but over the phone? I guess I hung up because I was afraid of what he might say. Today my goal is to avoid Archer at all cost since my parents won't let me stay home from school, so I would have no other choice but to face the boy controlling my dreams.

"Good morning, Riley, you're up early." My dad says bringing me into a much needed hug. His broad arms wrap around my fragile body and he pulls me close. I smile into his chest, squeezing him back tightly.

"Good morning, Bradley Sawyer." I taunt just as we release one another. I hold in the bark of laughter that would for sure spill out at the sight of the pancake mix, a piece of egg and syrup on his face. He looks like a child who tried helping their parent in baking a pastry, not a grown man. I chuckle, "You're the messiest cooker yet."

"Yeah," He bluntly acknowledges. "You staying around for breakfast before school or are you heading out early?"

Although my fathers cooking sounds appeasing I was going to have to decline. If I were to stay around any longer Archer might arrive to pick me up and drive me to school- and that can't happen.

"No thanks I'm actually heading out right now." I state.

"More for me," He shrugs turning on his heel and walking into the kitchen. I stare over at the television and playing across the screen was the news. It was no surprise the Rossi's were being mentioned, yet again. I guess that's something I'm going to have to get familiar with although it is quite disturbing. I shut the television off and starts for the door. But, I turn on my heel when my father says something, "Celeste, could you check the mail?"

I tell him yes and head on outside. The sun was shinning brightly and beaming down onto my skin. I instantly regret wearing a black hoodie, gray beanie and sweatpants. I thought that maybe if I wore baggy clothing I could shield myself from Archer. Undoubtedly I'll get bombarded with questions about my style, and a few weird glances but I'll be manageable.

When I reach our mailbox I open the handle and sitting comfortably inside the dark hole was a postcard. Just as I was about to toss it into the garbage I examine it. Written big and in bold font was ACCEPTED, which meant this was one of the colleges I applied to earlier in the year. I widen my eyes and smile largely before running back into my house. Chloe was sipping coffee and trying to keep herself awake as she flipped through channels. I ignore her presence and dashes to the kitchen.

"I got accepted–" I exclaim holding up the postcard. My parents pull away from each other awkwardly, my father even straightens his article of clothing. My mom blushes and saunters over towards me. "University of Southern California has accepted me."