Traveling

Jane was driving for 3 hours now. He still refused to tell me our destination. I was sitting next to him. Jane opened the radio and found a nice channel. It was nice. I found myself relax and carefree. We didn't talk, just enjoyed each other company and music. I closed my eyes and sighed at the feeling of sun on my face. It was a beautiful day. Not too hot with clear sky.

I turned my focus to the man beside me and smiled. He looked at me with a lazy grin in his lips and spoke:

"So, have you gave up? No complains or questions about our trip?"

"It doesn't matter. But for your good I hope it will be worthy all this mystery." she chuckled.

"Lisbon have a little faith on me. I have everything prepared for us. Trust me"

"Oh crap" she frowned.

"What?" he asked nervous

"You said 'trust me'. Now I'm really worry." she said with a sarcastic tone.

"Very funny Teresa. I was thinking that we can use this opportunity to sort some things out."

"Like what?" she asked puzzled

"Like you are afraid open to me Lisbon. I feel like I need to ask you your permission first before I interfere with something personally to you." he explained calm and composed.

"What? No, Jane. That's not true." she said disbelief.

"Really. Do you remember when you learnt about your brother? I had to ask you if you wanted me there. You didn't seem to care let me help you. I felt like I pushed you to accept my help." Jane continued and paused.

"Jane, that's not truth. I just panicked about him and my mind was blur. I wasn't think right. I wanted you there. I'm sorry if I send you different signals." she explained serious. "Jane look at me. " she waited till he met her gaze. "I love you, you know it right?"

"I love you too Lisbon. I am a little insecure but that's not your problem. " he responded softly.

"You don't have to be. I'm here even after all these years and all the craps you did. I like our relationship. Isn't it nice how the things are between us?" she said gentle.

"Yes, it is. " he said smiling.

Lisbon putted her hand in his check caressing him a little and before gave him a small kiss there. Jane tightened his hand on the wheel trying to keep himself steady and grinned to her.

A hour later they stopped to a gas station to fill the airstream. Jane opened the door and stretched his arms and Lisbon made her way to buy some things from the shop.

"What did you take?" Jane asked enthusiastically when she returned.

"Some chips and biscuits. We can eat them while you are driving. Aren't you tired? I don't mind drive a little."

"No, I'm fine. Let's go to the dinner up the street. I would like some tea and eggs." he said and took Lisbon's hand.

They made their way to the little shop and sat to a table beside the window. A few moments later a young waitress came to them with a gentle smile and spoke:

"Hello, I'm Wendy and I'll be your waitress for today. Have you decided what do you want?" she said friendly and took a small notebook in her hands from her pocket.

"Do you have Earl Grey and scrambled eggs?" Jane asked looking at her.

"Of course." she said with casual tone.

"That's for me. And a black coffee and cinnamon French toast for the lady."

"Coming soon." she said and left.