Welcome to our family

Lisbon was released from the hospital later that night. She and Jane were exhausted and after a stop to a dinner to eat something, they went back to the cabin. As they were inside, on auto-pilot they washed their teeth, putted on their pyjamas and laid down to the bed. They slept together with Lisbon in Jane's arms and his hand placed secured on her belly.

When Jane woke up the next morning, he felt the happiest man on earth. The woman he loved and loved him back was sleeping peacefully beside him while she was carrying his child. A huge smile crossed his face while he stared at her. Lisbon was adorable in her sleep, her heard on his shoulder, her hair was messy, her breath tickled him gentle on his neck and she was snoring lightly.

He buried his head on her hair, making little circles on her stomach with his hand. He didn't want to awake her, he knew she needed rest but he couldn't cope his need to touch her, to feel her warmth. His touch was light like he was holding the most vulnerable thing on the world, like he was afraid to break her.

He filled with sadness every time he remember Charlotte and Angela and all the bad things he did to Teresa the last years. He loved Angela and Teresa with a different way. Angela was his first love, she knew him from a little boy. Teresa was his rock all these years. Their love grew up slowly, building trust between them, broking their walls. It was something deeper. more mature.

His hand stroked gentle her stomach and he thought he could explode from the delight. Their baby was seed of a true love. He couldn't believe she was here that she was his only. She was so perfect. Her emerald eyes, her soft black hair, her petite and strong body. He was never tired of admire her beauty and the strength of her heart. She was his angel, his little angry princess.

He didn't understand Lisbon woke up until he felt her lips on his eyelids and her hand stroked softly his chest.

"Good morning." Jane said and moaned lightly.

"Good morning." Lisbon replied and kissed the corner of his mouth. "Where were you?"

"I was thinking how lucky I am for having you in my life. And how exciting I am to be a father again. It's the best gift you could have given me." he respond giving her a sweet smile.

"I don't believe I didn't figure it out. When I heard the doctor confirm it, I was shocked."

"I should have seen it too. You were tired more often and more emotional too. " Jane told her.

"You realized this is your fault, right?" she asked calm.

"Not all of this. You participated into it too." Jane respond softly.

"I didn't plan it. It wasn't a way to trap you Jane. I want you to know it." Lisbon said serious.

"Lisbon, I know it. And if you did, I wouldn't care. I'm really happy about it." Jane replied softly

"Had you ever thought of it?" Lisbon asked curious.

"Not exactly. I didn't had a plan, I did what it felt right. But I dreamt of it." Jane murmured.

Lisbon leaned and kissed him softly. Jane rolled her onto her back, he placed his body carefully over her without breaking the kiss. Jane was stroking her mouth into ecstasy and Lisbon moaned into the kiss. They broke the kiss and stared at each other.

Lisbon tried to pull him down for another kiss but Jane stopped her.

"No, Lisbon. You need to rest. Today you are staying here to bed. And I will go to make you breakfast." Jane said serious and saw Lisbon to frown. "Remember my love. You eat for two now."