2. Hunting The Hunter

Vermillo, a tall man with slicked back green hair was sent to keep watch on the outside of the lab's remains. He thought he blended in with the crowd pretty well with his weapon, the relic bow and arrows concealed in the bag behind him.

He remembered to keep a look out for four kids who just happen to be joining the crowd right now or at least three of them. A tall boy with the mullet, girl with black pigtails and androgynous kid with blue wavy hair. He wondered why the last one couldn't make it. But nevertheless, he can just stalk them back to their base before killing one. Then take care of the rest after reporting back to Incendis.

The kids seemed to be talking quietly about something. Then what caught him off guard is their decision to split up and explore different areas outside the lab. Vermillo must think quickly which one to follow. In the heat of the moment, he picked the girl.

Though now he needed a change of plans. Since each of these kids went off on their own, he needed to assassinate one once he gets the chance. Seeing the girl's route, he can figure out exactly where she is heading. They want to check the top of the surrounding buildings where a possible assassin can keep an eye on the lab. Too bad for her, she doesn't know these streets as well as he does.

Vermillo decided to take a short cut through an alley to get closer to her and just made it to the end when she passed him. It's also at a more deserted corner of the streets, so it should make it easier. Now, he'll only have take out his bow and arrows to shoot. But damn she's fast. As Vermillo pulled the arrow back on his relic bow, he needed to take careful aim.

"Pre-emptive strike!" Corey appeared out of the alley to kick Vermillo's back, stopping him from shooting Rina. Vermillo managed to get up to go eye to eye with his attacker.

"I was careless. Should have known the last kid was out to scout for me," Vermillo said as he readied his weapon and shot an arrow at Corey.

"You're one funny looking ninja," Corey managed to evade the shot and ran around Vermillo to dodge more. He can't keep it up for too long though, there were too many near hits. Corey must escape Vermillo's field of vision as quick as he can.

"Huh?" Vermillo then noticed that he can no longer see Corey. Left? Right? Behind? He's not even making a sound. "You can't hide forever!"

Where Corey is, was actually above Vermillo. Fist in the air concentrating a radiant energy know as PSI within it. Vermillo noticed just in time before Corey strikes his fist down at him yelling, "Force Blast!"

The impact of the blast was enough to make a crater larger than Vermillo himself on the cement floor. He was grateful to have dodged it. Both combatants soon stand face to face once again on the streets of Gonle.

"Heheheh, I'm up against a psychic now am I? Well you're just in luck," Vermillo laughed as he pulled out a set of purple arrows and readied them on his bow. "You see, these aren't ordinary arrows."

"Null Wave!" Vermillo shot an array of eight arrows which Corey tried to dodge, but it was inevitable that one had grazed his arm. Vermillo then ran at Corey in the alley laughing, "Now I bet you got nothing!"

"Force Blast!" Corey tried project the power once again, seeing how close Vermillo was getting. But somehow his PSI can't completely summon the attack. This allowed Vermillo to get close enough and punch Corey to the ground. "AAH!"

"What did I tell you? These are Relic Bow and Arrows," Vermillo laughed as Corey tried to get up. "Their points can temporarily seal anyone's PSI to keep their powers from working."

"You should just give up now!" Vermillo punched Corey again, but Corey stood his ground and took hold of Vermillo's fist before throwing his own.

"I still got a fist you know!" Corey yelled as he made impact with Vermillo's chest. But Vermillo was able to retaliate as he kicked Corey over several meters back.