10. True Faith

Corey had risen to his feet to cautiously continue his fight with Dominic.

"You still willing to fight one who cannot die?" Dominic rushed forward with his spear again and considering how little he could harm Dominic, Corey decided it's best to stay on the defensive. As he dodged the last attack, an idea had sprung to him and got into position for it.

"Hey kid I'm sure you don't want to die do you?" Dominic started adjourning the fight. "Well if we continue like this, that's where it's headed but I have a better idea."

"I'll let you live if you promise to work with me and betray your friends," Dominic proposed. "It's best for us both isn't it? Even if they complete the mission, you won't be alive to celebrate it after all."

What is with these guys and making such stupid offers, Corey thought. He wasn't going to agree anyway and gave a less cliche answer, "And bail out on such a fun fight? No way."

"Heheh, there is a fine line between a challenge and the impossible kid!" Dominic roared before charging up again. "Allow me to enlighten you!"

Corey dodged the spear, for it to crash into the unusually large oak tree again. He also then kicked it to boost himself behind Dominic and called forth his signature attack, "Force Blast!"

The projectile had missed Dominic to crash into the oak tree. Just a little more, Corey thought before Dominic rallied another round of attack and dodge until Corey made some distance. There Corey fired one more blast of kinetic energy, hoping it's the last as he's getting really exhausted now. But Dominic had even dodged this one.

"You know, for someone who specializes in a projectile attack you can at least work on your aim," Dominic but was then shocked by the crashing sound on the oak tree near him. The next thing he knew, the tree had fallen on top of him, it must have been a Snake Blast that had curved to hit it. He tried escaping, but could only set his head, upper torso and left arm free. He also found that the spear had been knocked out of his arm and out of reach in front of him. "Damn you."

Corey was shocked to see that, after healing himself, Dominic could still slowly lift the tree with only the strength of his left arm. He won't get out too soon, but if this drags on any longer, all of Corey's efforts will go to waste. So he found another tree nearby to also make it tumble over, with the help of one last Force Blast, so the tree will land on top of the oak tree, pinning it down and pin Dominic down as a result.

Dominic couldn't even say anything in disbelief. Who are these Occult Society brats? Not only could they play both him and Mera for fools, despite their meticulous plans but this noseless kid could triumph over him in a fight?

"Not much use being in perfect condition if you can't move right?" This time it was Corey walking up, confidently smiling. He then jumped to sit on the fallen oak tree to continue telling Dominic. "Now if you could regenerate a hundred times, I can just beat you up a hundred and one times."

Corey then pointed his finger at Dominic in a gesture like it was a gun, winking, "Checkmate!"

VWVVW

Ian, Rina and Jimmy are now at the forest near enough to see the border of town, most of them waiting patiently. Ian however was getting fed up, "Let's just head into town already!"

"We all just agreed to wait for Prisha as he checks out at the Occult Society hideout remember?" Rina reminded him. "Besides, we best play it safe in case any of the other two of the High Disciples are still alive and stick together. We even need to protect Jimmy remember?"

As they were speaking, Prisha had emerged from the woods to inform his team, "The assistant told me that Alex wasn't there yet. We could leave a message but he's currently at a meeting with our client in a room in the tavern and fortunately we are welcome."