4. The Leaf Symboled Pendant

Deep in the woods, four strange teenagers had set up camp now reading a book labelled The Occultpaedia, an encyclopaedia by the Occult Society. The one with the book in hand was Prisha who was quizzing the others to help them study, "Next question! People who have been known to be normal can at rare occasions have precognitive dreams. How is this possible?"

All of the other three seemed to be struggling in thought with Rina constantly muttering, "Damn I know I learned this one before!"

"Jelly beans are actually alive even after they are eaten and play with people's brains when they're asleep?" Corey suggested bewilderedly.

"Close enough," Prisha frowned sarcastically then answered. "It had been discovered that there are people who can subconsciously activate their PSI for precognitive visions. But at their current level they don't notice it unless they are locked within their own mind free from external stimulus. But even at thi- Hey!"

Ian had snatched the Occultpaedia from Prisha, flipping through the pages to quiz him in retaliation. "You think you're so high and mighty. Let's see how smart you are with this question!"

"What is the power of a Relic Belt?" Ian smirked.

"To decrease the effect of gravity on the wearer and allow them to levitate," Prisha answered like it was common sense.

Corey took a peek in the Occultpaedia in Ian's hands to see, "he's right!"

Next, Prisha snatched the Occultpedia back to ask the next quiz, "Name at least five different Anthro Tribe."

"Damn haven't we done enough trivia's already?" Rina complained throwing her arms into the air.

"With you being in the Occult Society longest you'd think it was your specialty," Prisha sighed then got out another book that shocked both Ian and Rina. "But if you insist we'll go back to mathematics."

"Forget it! I'm out!" Ian turned away.

"Just try and bear through it Ian," Rina tried convincing him. "It's a necessity for those of The Occult Society to know these things. Even if we're lucky enough not to encounter such problems in our missions, they'll test us back at base."

"Fine, maybe another minute," Ian turned around to try tolerating Prisha a little longer.

"Right then solve the following," Prisha held up the text book. But just glancing at the equation was enough to freak Rina and Ian out.

2 2

f(x)=((-2x^2)/nπ)cos(nπx/2)I+S(4x/2π)cos(nπx/2)dx

0 0

"How the eff do you expect us to solve that?" Ian yelled after regaining color in his eyes.

"Can we at least start a bit simpler?" Rina smiled nervously.

"Isn't that what I picked an easy equation for?" Prisha frowned.

"Easy for normal people?" Rina muttered before hearing some rustling in the woods.

She, Corey and Prisha immediately got on their guard, with Ian challenging this lurking creature, "Who's there? Show yourself!"

"If loud voices attracted thieves to us, we know who to blame," Prisha muttered.

The creature soon limped out of the woods and it turned out to be an injured lady with long blue hair and brown robes. She reached out to the four kids, "Thank... goodness... please... hel...p..."

"Stay back!" Prisha warned but Ian shoved him back and rushed to the ladies' aid.

"Freak!" Ian referred to Prisha. "Don't you know a man must always help a lady in need?"