15. The Eye of the Tornado

It was almost noon in Esterdale, the time for Josh to be at work at the pizza shop, which is what he's doing now. Soon he had to answer a phone call, "Hello, Esterdale Pizzas."

"Hi I would like to order about eight boxes to be delivered to the Wellden Woods at uh..." A childish voice spoke from the other end. "Coordinates, five hundred and three point four to seven hundred and seventy point three."

"You're kidding right? That has to be more than an hour drive without any other deliveries along the way," Josh replied deadpanned.

"Would it make a difference if we payed you quadruple the amount?" another voice, this time female asked finally catching Josh's interest.

"QUADRUPLE?" Josh answered doing his mental math. Each box of pizza is 30 Jouls and with all the multiplication, it will add up to... "1079 JOULS! Okay! Just wai-"

"HOLD IT!" The voice shouted and Josh could swear he heard them slam their hands down on a table at the other end. "When you get there, it will be hard to find our place, so just shout out pizza delivery okay?"

And with that, Josh was off, ready to rake in the cash.

VWVVW

Rina, Corey, Ian, Prisha and Serri just sat in their cafe, drinking tea. Serri asked, "So what exactly are we waiting for?"

But they all knew it was time when a voice had called out, "PIZZA DELIVERY!"

"There you have it!" Rina got to her feet and ran for the exit followed by her friends. Along the corridor, they came across Rachel.

"Oh hey, sorry, I'll try talking to-," Rachel tried to say ironically but found her former classmates to just have sped past her. She went back to being serious ready to chase them. But first she needed to call out, "Those morons think they could escape! Fidi! We're chasing them!"

When Fidi joined the pursuit, he had shown himself to be in his Sagittarius form, which had the lower half of a horse and holding bow and arrows. He yelled gleefully, "And there's not a better time! This is going to be fun!"

But before he could reach the entrance hall, another transformation had occurred and Fidi turned into his Capricorn form, with the lower half of a fish and a pair of long sharp horns. Unlike Pisces however, Capricorn was not very mobile on land as he just flopped in place, "Actually no, this is dumb..."

"Urrrrggghhhh!" Rachel could only quickly face palm before she continued chasing the escapees.

"Ian! Could your Relic Sword destroy that ceiling door thing?" Rina asked as they now headed to the exit.

"No problem!" Ian pulled out the sword and slash at it. The first could only partly damage it but they had to hurry up, Rachel is now close enough to assault them. She herself had pulled out he own Relic Racket and threw a ball into the air.

"Flame Shot!" The ball seemed to have ignited with fire from Rachel's Racket and sped like a bullet to Team Freakshow.

"Force Wall!" Corey had conjured the wall of kinetic energy to block Rachel's attack, but it was too powerful. The shield had only spared him from serious injuries as the flaming ball broke through and blasted him back.

"Rachel's Relic Racket..." Prisha observed and narrated. "It has the power to imbue any object it hits with an element of choice, which in this case would be fire."

"DONE!" Ian had destroyed enough of the door to create a hole for him and his friends to escape. But Rina isn't going yet.

"What now Rach?" Rina teased Rachel. "You're going to kill all the dinosaurs?"