12. Killers From The Sky

Rina, Corey and Ian had finally made it into the delivery truck and examined each of the packages within. They soon found the one with their belongings but Rina noticed that there's something else there, a new manga, the twenty third volume of Vegetable Box! There was also a note to go with it:

Back at the Anomaly Fortress I noticed in your collection of manga that this book would be the only volume you would be missing from the series. Just think of it as a reward for not disobeying until now.

"Yay!" Rina cheered cherishing the book. "I'm glad Prisha's with us, he's the best!"

"Gee, make up your mind, wasn't he a jerk?" Ian commented and found the box with his own belongings. But as he looked inside, he found the burnt remains of what he recognized were, "My pornography!"

There was also another note here saying: And your reward is the slightest chance you'll have a cleaner mind.

"All that pornography costed me eight hundred Jouls! Damn that brat!" Ian cursed.

"You know Ian, I always try not to comment on your intellect but seriously?" Rina said and started to get ready to head off. "Anyways, now I believe we got a job to do!"

VWVVW

"Somehow I don't remember ten minutes being this long," Prisha complained grumpily back at the apartment. He must have waited for at least half an hour already. He thought about where Corey could be that the others neither found him nor decide to take a break and return. Maybe it's because they no longer have a reason to… "Oh no they didn't!"

Prisha stormed out of the apartment and straight to the post office, tearing his mind furiously at how he could have made such a careless miscalculation. In hindsight, he only needed to note the he was sending the supplies off in the delivery truck. When he got to the post office, two important things he noticed was the sign saying that deliveries will be postponed and that it already has been broken into. He was too late.

Along the streets, a jogger had decided to have a little exercise early in the morning. He was rather unfortunate as he crossed Prisha, who could no longer hold back his rage and punch him to the wall.

"OOOWWwww!" The jogger yelled in pain then once he found the strength to get up, he yelled, "What in hell was that for?"

"How?.." Prisha's voiced trembled then he furiously pulled the jogger by the shirt yelling, "HOW COULD I HAVE MADE SUCH A CARELESS MISCALCULATION?"

"How should I know?" The jogger looked bewilderingly at him. After a moment, he decided to improvise an answer. "Umm… everyone makes mistakes?"

"Urrrggghhhh!" Prisha furiously shoved him aside and stormed off to chase his team and Corey that spanner in the works. Why is it that he can't calculate everything?

VWVVW

Rina, Corey and Ian had already been following the footsteps for about an hour, with the sun beginning to rise over the distance. After reaching over the hills, the sound of screaming had caught their attention and they can see another town being attacked in the distance.

"Guess that's our cue," Naturally Ian was the first to rush in and fight monsters similar to yesterday with even more varying shapes.

"He's got a sword let's hide behind him!" One of the citizens had noticed Ian and when Rina and Corey arrived to where Ian is, they noticed that everyone gathering around him also lured the monsters to surround them. This time it might even be too many for Ian to take on.

One of the monsters had made some strange sounds before they all lunged at the same time. But Corey had prepared for this with his palm in front of him and performing another stage two ability of the telekinesis line, "Force Wall!"