14. The Map of Nature

Corey wasn't sure where he was. He found himself sitting beside a crowd of people, mostly older kids, walking and chatting around him. Was he even there? All these people seem to get along so well yet haven't seemed to notice him as usual. The place seemed sort of familiar

What surprised him though, was the acknowledgement of the white haired boy, now standing in front of him. Corey looked up to see the boy smiling and lending out a hand to him. The crowd didn't seem to matter anymore.

"Let's go together!" The boy said as a dark wind had risen around him as his eyes glowed a bloody red. "To where you belong..."

"Reece!" Corey now found himself sitting up from his bed with the boy nowhere to be found. Instead, he found himself in a peculiar looking dormitory that strangely had no windows.

"Oh good morning Corey," Rina was sitting on one of the beds greeting him. "You feeling well?"

"Sure," Corey lied but now he needed to recollect the events that led him here. He looked around thoroughly to see Ian still asleep on one of the beds and checked the time to see it's about six AM. He also heard the sound of rain had returned above the shelter... shelter. Yes, the emergency shelter Team Supreme were keeping them.

"Prisha's looking around the place to find any way we could return to our task at hand," Rina explained. "I don't know though. Our old classmates seem to have barricaded this place pretty well."

"Even if we do get out of here, it might be too late with everyone either killed by aliens or saved by Team Supreme leaving nothing left for us to do right?" Corey asked. "But what other choice do we have?"

"You got a point there," Rina sighed before her eyes switched to anger mode. "But you know what really makes me tick?"

"Isaac, Clara and the others really are getting other soldiers to guard the base after all!" Rina cracked her knuckles. "And they get mad at us for getting divided credit."

"What if it's because they're soldiers from hell so they have no choice but to get them to help because of a deal with the devil," Corey guessed. "Anyway, you want to wake Ian up and go down to eat?"

VWVVW

"Well, they only have cameras for the public rooms," Prisha explained to his friends at a table in the cafe while writing his obtained data on his notepad. There were a lot he needed to remember. "I think they rather not have these survivors getting too paranoid from finding listening devices in their dormitories and making a ruckus."

"Saying yourself that they got cameras on us while discussing strategy," Ian scoffed slowly getting annoyed from the sound that Corey's phone keeps repeating. "Very smart."

"Say if we stayed quiet, would it make us any less suspicious?" Prisha replied. "From our resistance last night, Team Supreme would have no doubt we will search for a means of escape. These are all of course really obvious moves."

"Whatever could you cut that out?" Ian finally snapped at Corey and his phone and why does the sound from it seem so familiar.

"Wait, why did you voice record our fights with those aliens?" Rina asked remembering the sound from yesterday.

"So that's what it was! Nice thinking Rina!" Ian congratulated her.

" I was just thinking, what if I could blackmail those aliens that they were smuggling from their sister's rooms?" Corey suggested.

"Wait! Their language!" Prisha had thought of something. "What are the contexts in which you recorded those?"

Corey had explained about the time they saved the people of Liden and the attack after Prisha sounded the bell. Prisha had to ask, "May I borrow that phone for a moment?"