8. Smoke and Ice

Hey, has anyone noticed that the disciples quite chasing us for real?" Jimmy queried, looking back now that they have slowed down.

"I guess that means they took the handbook to investigate," Rina said proudly. "I always knew one of those would come in handy."

"So how long would you say it will stall them for?" Prisha asked curiously as Rina took out another copy of the handbook from her bag.

"I'll let you decide," Rina handed the handbook over to Prisha before they continued hiking.

"I see, rather than setting out random letters to make it look like a code, there is actually a legitimate message encrypted of the introduction of the Occult Society handbook up to the point where it says you have been punked," Prisha thoughtfully analyzed the contents of the handbook. "Clever."

"It might actually stall them for at least an hour won't you say?" Rina smiled proudly before the group came across a cave up ahead along a valley wall.

"Thank goodness a cave!" Jimmy cheered before he realized the others aren't in the same mood. "We will need a place to rest up and heal Ian right?"

"Yeah he looks in really bad shape. It would take all night to fix him up even with the first aid kit," Corey commented then looked up at the sky. "We will need some light to treat him carefully but the sun will be setting in about an hour. If we start a campfire though, it will be easier for the enemy to find us."

"Unless we light a fire in the cave right?" Jimmy suggested. "Then it won't be so explicit."

"Actually Jimmy, the cave is featured on the map of the outskirts of Deciel," Rina explained. "With the disciples having built the church in this forest, I'd say they must be quite familiar with it. The cave will definitely be a hotspot for them to search for us. The fact that it's the only cave in the map doesn't help."

"By the way, what else would you say those chalk eaters would be up to now?" Corey questioned. "Other than investigating the handbook I mean."

"They will treat Darren and have someone stationed at the Deciel entrance," Prisha answered.

"You... sound so sure," Jimmy turned to him. "What if they try not to be so predictable?"

"No matter how predictable the move is, how much it would draw them back or the size of their brain, they must move away from check," Prisha answered. "It doesn't take all of us to take care of Ian and Jimmy and Disciples of Aevincere can't take the risk of even one member of our team to return to Deciel and report to our clients."

"Now let's get back to us," Rina said while getting out her phone to check the tracer. Darren seems to be traveling through the hiking path from the church to where the camp's bus is. Prisha seems to be unsurprisingly right once again. "Where will we camp?"

Prisha's thoughts raced for a plan regarding the previous discussion on the situation at hand. After some inspiration he finally said, "I have an idea!"

VWVVW

"Come on Darry!" Mera pulled the now recovered Darren down the hiking path. He blushed a little, it's true the High Disciples were a strong side that was beneficial to join but being with a cute girl like her was definitely a bonus. She was the one who persuaded him to join after all.

"Uhh... sorry for screwing up back there," Darren said.

"Oh don't worry," Mera smiled as they reached Dominic's bus and got on board. "I easily beat up that sword idiot, which slowed the rats down in the forest. We'll get back at them."

"So Mera, I found that you have torched the Tree of Youth downstairs," Dominic said while he started the bus. He also brought a spear for the fight later on.