9 - hospital

Maya's POV:
"Luke you're awake!" I screamed and hugged him gently.
"Maya!" He hugged me back tightly.
"Tight grip there." I chuckled. "I guess your gaining it back really well."
"I threw a pancake into the river. A pancake!" Luke furrowed his eyebrows at his previous sentence. "I was trying to say that I'm really glad at how well I'm doing."
"Well, at least you can throw a pancake?" Ashton said from the corner of the room.
"Sassiness is edible."
"Okay, somebody needs to get a doctor." I was starting to get worried at Luke's speech. It was going off.
"Yea, good idea." Luke chuckled. "Donuts like Patrick?"
"Hi Luke, I'm Dr.Shepard. I'm the head of neurosurgery, I've heard you have been having some speech problems?"
"Yeah." Luke shook his head.
"Okay, I'll get a head CT and you'll be good to go."
"Licorice." Luke blushed. "I mean, good."
__________
"Okay, Luke. You have a very severe case of Apraxia. When the car hit your head, it jammed up some brain tissue in a part of your brain that involves speaking. We have to go in surgically and fix that brain tissue."
"O-Okay."
"Are you alright? I know this is a lot to take in."
"Potatoes with toes."
"Okay. We'll just have your mom sign the consent." The doctor handed Liz the consent form, and her hands were shaking.
"What are the risks of the procedure?" She worridly tapped her fingers against the plastic railing of Luke's hospital bed.
"Um, well, memory loss, failure to use correct speech at all, and death."
"Luke you have to do this." I blurted out. He nodded his head at his mom and she nodded back. She signed the form and gave the paper to the doctor.
"Alright. We will have him up in the operation room soon. I'll have someone come in and prep him when he can get the surgery. Until then, do not consume any food." And with that, the doctor walked away. He's kinda hot.
"I see you looking at that doctor." Michael laughed.
"He's hot." I laughed back. Calum tensed and then laughed with us.
"Can someone adjust my pineapple?" Luke asked from his bed. He quickly realized his mistake and shook his head. "I meant you guys can go."
"Okay. I promise I'll visit soon." I pinky promised Luke and swore on it.
"Bye." He smiled and winked at me. I smirked and walked out of his room and onto the elevator as Calum, Michael, and Ashton followed behind. Calum wrapped his hands around my waist and leaned against me. I saw Ashton raise an eyebrow, but I pretended to not see it.
"So, you two?" Michael blurted out. I looked up at Calum and he was expressionless.
"Yeah."
"Oh." It was complete silence after that. The elevator doors opened and we walked out the glass doors and got into Michael's car. We drove away from the giant hospital and towards home.
Baby you light up my world like nobody else
The way you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell you don't know
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful
"Turn it up this is my jam!" I reached for the volume button and blared the song.
"Ew, no!" Ashton pushed the power button on the radio and I grunted. We finally arrived at Michael's house and decided to stay there for awhile.
"So, you two aren't gonna have a total makeout session on my couch, are you?" Michael questioned, looking back and forth from Calum to me.
"Now that you mention it..." I smirked. Calum smirked back and crashed his lips onto mine as we began a heated makeout.
"Seriously?" Ashton laughed and Michael scoffed. Calum put his hand on my hip and pushed me down under him. I smiled against the kiss and I felt him smile too.
"I'm going to get a drink." Ashton got up and walked to the kitchen.
"Get me one too!" Michael took out his phone and started typing away. Ashton came back shortly with four beers in his hand. I pulled away from Calum and smiled.
"Aw, you got us drinks!" I laughed.
"No, I'm gonna need two and Michael is gonna need two to deal with you guys," Ashton sarcastically smiled. "you are a handful." He popped open his beer and took a gulp from it, Michael doing the same.
"Okay we'll stop now." I sighed.
"What? I didn't agree to this." Calum laughed.
"But I did." Ashton raised his hand and took a swig of his beer.
"I'm gonna order a pizza." I grabbed my phone and started dialing the order number.
___________________
Calum's POV:
"Okay, we'll be sitting here."
"So, remember the bet, right?"
"Yea. I remember." I frowned, remembering the bet we had made at the arcade.
"You have to do it soon, Calum."
"Okay, Michael. I've heard enough. I won't forget." I sighed.
"You won't forget what?" Maya walked into the room, sitting next to me on the couch.
"That I have to buy you a birthday present!" I smiled.
"Oh. Okay." She smiled and shrugged. I did a relief dance in my head and stood up.
"I should probably go do that now." I sighed.
"Okay. I like cats, and do-"
"I know, I know. I promise I'll get something you like." I laughed.
"Okay, good luck." She leaned back and laid on the couch. I walked out the door and got into my car. I drove away from the small house and towards the mall.
______/___/_///___________
Idk about that ^^ lmao anywhoo I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll update soon.
Peace out girl scouts!