11 - reunion

Calum's POV:
Its been a week. A week since we've talked. I see her everywhere, but she doesn't see me. Its like she doesn't purposely avoid me, I've just become another stranger in the crowd. I haven't visited Luke much, because she's always there with Kyra. Luke gets released today, though. I hope to see him then. I grabbed my keys, deciding to visit him.
To:Luke - on my way over
From:Luke - mkay :)) Maya and Kyra are over here, so you don't have to pick her up.
To:Luke - why would I pick her up?
From:Luke: umm, bcuz ur dating her, duhh.
I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I thought we weren't dating? I clicked on Maya's contact and called her.
"Hello?"
"Hey, girlfriend."
"Calum, he was asking about it and I didn't want to tell him we broke up in his rough patch."
"Okay, but how would that even affect him?"
"Look, I was nervous, okay? Just act like it for a little bit and then we can have a fake breakup." I sighed and shook my head.
"Fine." I gave in. "But how are we supposed to fake date when you hate me?"
"I don't know, we can figure it out though." I could hear Luke's voice in the background asking for Maya to come back. "I have to go." There was some shuffling on the other line and then the phone call ended. I put my phone in the cupholder next to me and pulled up to Luke's house.
____________________
Maya's POV:
"Calum!" I squealed with fake excitement as he walked through the door.
"Maya!" He smiled and ran towards me, picking me up and swinging me around. "This is super awkward." He whispered in my ear and let me down. "Lukey!" He yelled and hugged Luke. Luke laughed and hugged him back. Calum climbed off of Luke and sat on the sofa. I laughed fakely sat down next to Calum. Kyra furrowed her eyebrows then shrugged, not knowing of the current arrangements. I had told her last week that we were over, so I guess she thought we got back together. I laughed at the thought and everybody stared at me.
"Oh sorry, just thought of something funny." I blushed.
"Oh." Luke laughed. His dimples deepened as he smiled wider. "So I invited Michael and Ashton over."
"What?" Calum and I said in unision.
"Woah, chill. What happened?" Luke was just as confused as Kyra.
"Nothing, just haven't seen them in awhile." I shrugged.
"Okay then." Luke awkwardly situated his legs on the coffee table. The doorbell rang as soon as his left foot touched the table.
"I'll get it." I stood up and walked to the door, swinging it wide open. Michael facepalmed himself and Ashton rubbed his temples.
"This is great. Really great." He winced as a opened the door wider.
"It only gets better." I laughed.
"Ash! Mikey!" Calum came running, then stopped in the doorway. "You say nothing about what happened at Michael's house." He whispered. They both sighed and hung their heads low.
"Look, I'm really sorry. I didn't know what I was thi-" Ashton smiled softly.
"Yeah, yeah, got it. But there's a Luke we need to satisfy in here, so come on." I pulled them inside and shut the door, walking towards the living room.
"Michael! Ashton! You're finally here!" Luke sat up, fixating his snapback.
"Yep." Michael smiled.
"Great, now we can get this situation fixed." Luke stood up.
"Wait, what?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.
"Guys, I invited you all over because obviously there's something wrong." Luke looked between the four of us.
"Yeah, why don't you ask those jerks." I frowned.
"What the heck, man!" Michael got frustrated and started picking at the hem of his shirt.
"What did they do, Maya? You better tell me."
"They made a bet that Calum couldn't date me and make me fall for him so they used a grocery store scenario for him to ask me out and apparently they didn't tell you so Calum and I pretended to date so you wouldn't find out but really I hate all three of them." I sighed and sat down on the sofa. Luke just stood there, bewildered. He stood there with his hand on his hip, and his other hand covering his face.
"I-" He started a sentence and then walked around a little bit. "I can't believe you would do that to her. You know that she means the world to me, and so do you guys, but you make me decide who's side I'm gonna be on? Well you just made it a hell of a lot easier. I'm disappointed in you guys. I thought you liked her."
"I don't, I love her. She means the world to me, too. I wish she would give me a second chance, but I guess I messed up that bad. No words can describe how much I love her." Calum looked down at his feet. I stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say. Luke looked back at me, then at Calum.
"I have to use the bathroom." Calum walked towards the bathroom and shut the door. I heard the lock click and I looked around.
"Well, how do you two have to answer to that?" Luke looked expectantly at the guys.
"Look, we were stupid to make that bet. We weren't thinking and we're really sorry. Can we make it up somehow?" Ashton looked at me, waiting for an answer, but I couldn't come up with anything. I shrugged, not knowing what to say.
"I don't know how you can make it up." I sighed, finally coming to a conclusion. "One chance. Thats all you get."
"Thank you so much." Ashton hugged me, as did Michael. I giggled and hugged them back. I walked over to the restroom door and knocked on it, waiting for Calum to answer.
"Calum, I'm giving you a second chance." No answer. I knocked again, and there was still no answer. "Luke, can you come here for a second?"
"Yeah, I'll be right there." He rounded the corner and furrowed his eyebrows.
"He's not answering." Luke looked around and then snatched a bobby pin out of my hair, unlocking the door. He opened it, looked down, then stood there, jaw dropped.
"Call 911, now."
"Why, what's wrong?"
"Don't come in here."
"Luke, I should be able to see what's wrong, you could be pranking me."
"Do I look like I'm fucking pranking you?!" He screamed. Tears started streaming down his face and I pushed him out of the way. There Calum was, sitting in the bathtub, surrounded by pill bottles, each lid was unscrewed off and pills were all over the floor. I backed out of the bathroom and went into the living room.
"Somebody call 911, now."
________________
Let's take a breather.
Take a moment to process this.
I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt. But guys, suicide is never the answer. If you have ever thought about it, or are thinking about it, get help. Talk to your parents, a guardian, a sibling, a councelor, a friend, somebody. Get help. Anyways, I will be updating soon, I promise. I have been planning this chapter from the beginning, and I promise it gets better. Xx