2: Panic Attacks

Derek drove Isaac and I home, well he drove me home and dropped Isaac off a few blocks away so his dad wouldn't be suspicious. When Derek pulled into my driveway, I simply thanked him and left. He drove away quickly. My parents still aren't home, it's not good either. I have a bad feeling about this. I pull my pajamas on and curl up in bed. I lay here staring at the wall. I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight. My parents are always home, if not it's one or the other, they're both home. Something's off, and I need to find out.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
My alarm goes off, but I'm already awake. I never fell asleep. I take a quick shower and curl my hair. Derek said that he doesn't want Scott and Allison to know about me yet. So that means no being overly confident, even with the random new found confidence, I'm not allowed to show off. I pull on a pair of ripped skinny jeans and throw a hoodie on over my head. I slide on my boots and shut everything off. I flick my light back on and quickly put on a thin layer of makeup. I smile in the mirror before leaving and shutting the light back off. I walk down stairs and shut the lights off. I pull my bag up on my shoulder and walk out the door locking it as soon as I close it. Derek told me to meet him at lacrosse practice this morning to keep an eye on Isaac. I hop on my bike and pedal off.

I chain my bike up and head for the lacrosse field. I climb up on the bleachers and sit closest to where Derek is standing, keeping his self hidden. Scott is in goalie and tackling the people coming for him.

"I thought the goalie is supposed to stay in the net." I whisper to Derek.

"They are. Scott found out that I'm starting a pack. He caught Isaac's scent in the locker room so he's trying to see which one it is." He explains.

"Does he know about me?" I ask.

"Not yet, and I plan to keep it that way." Derek replies.

Isaac is next and he's breathing hard. He charges toward Scott and Scott charges back. They both end up on the ground. My eyes widen with fear. I glance back for Derek, but he's gone. I look back at the field and swallow a lump in my throat. I slowly climb off the bleachers.

"Isaac, calm down." I whisper, He visibly calms down and stands up.

"Ms. Jacobs?"

I turn around and see a few police officers.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry that I'm the one who has to tell you this but- your parents are dead, and I'm afraid they were murdered."

My throat tightens, it gets harder to breathe. I fall back and land sitting on the bleachers. I shake my head and let a few tears fall. I know that they weren't the best people, but they weren't always like they were. There was a time when they were actually nice. I start to wheeze a little.

"Easy, calm down. We're going to have to ask you a few questions. Okay?"

I simply nod and pull myself together. Did Derek do this? They were gone when I got home though. He couldn't have. I hope they don't take me into an interrogation room. I have severe claustrophobia, all because of the damn freezer.

"When was the last time you saw either of your parents?"

"Um, about 2 days ago?" I don't know, I mean how long has it even since the night I got bit. That's the last time I saw either of them.