10: Marijuana, Liquor, and Pain

I wake with a dull ache and my cheek pressed against cement floor. I glance up above me and see a hand. I crawl out from under whatever I was under and turn so I can get a better look. Scott is laying on the bench, his cheek against it and his arm dangling. My heart speeds with worry.

"Scott." I whisper. "Scott." I grab his hand.

"TJ?" He mumbles.

"Are you okay she hit you really hard?"

"I'm fine."

I hear the door open and my eyes flick toward it. Victoria steps in and sits by a table in the center of the room. The walls seem to be stone of some sort. "Look who's awake." She smirks. "Goody." Victoria lifts a vile to her nose and inhales. "This type of wolfsbane is one of my favorites. You probably won't think so." She puts the vile into the vaporizer on the table. "This devise is probably familiar to you. Pot use to be rolled in paper and smoked, nowadays it seems like you get a free vaporizer with your medical marijuana card." She turns it on and Scott starts choking.

"What are doing!?!" I gasp, it isn't making it hard to breathe, I just need to play along so she thinks that she's getting out of here with two dead supernaturals. It ain't happening.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm killing you."

I stiffen with fear. I'm not letting her do this. Scott can't fight back, I can. I can't use this act like I wanted to, Scott will die if do. A wave of power comes over me and I roll onto my back. I put my hands by my head and push off. I land on the ground and slowly stand.

"TJ, don't!" Scott gasps.

"What's this? A beta trying to be tough?" She still thinks I'm a beta. I showed her my eyes. She must think I was born a werewolf, Derek said werewolves that are born have blue eyes, when you're bitten, they're supposed to be yellow.

I straighten my shoulders and change my eyes. "I'm not a beta."

"Lone wolf then? It doesn't matter, I'm still going to kill you."

A strange newfound strength finds me. I send my foot against her side, but she catches it. I bring my other foot up and hit her in the side. She stumbles as I land in a push up form. I spin around and to my feet. She swings at me and I dodge. I punch her in the face. She curses and grabs the tazer. I kick her leg making her fall, Victoria send the tazer to my leg making me stumble. It gave her enough time to climb to her feet. I glance over at Scott and sigh. I flick out my claws and Victoria stops.

"It's not affecting you?" She whispers.

I kick in the throat and she falls. I can save us. Derek can save us- he never said I wasn't part of the pack. I howl as loud as I can before crashing to my knees. Victoria pushes her lip out. I roll away before the knife comes by my head. I stand on my feet and she throws the knife. Everything slows. I watch the blade rotate toward me. I grab the handle and smirk. I throw it back at the hunter and hold my guard. Victoria picks it up and lunges at me. I spin around her. Something digs into my side making me crumble to the ground.

"Looks like you weren't smart enough to save nor only yourself but Scott."

"You'll never get away with this." I growl.

"This will look like an accident. It'll look like Scott had an asthma attack and couldn't get to his inhaler. The school is very informative. For you-" Victoria walks over and pulls the knife out kicking in the same spot. "It'll just look like you did this yourself. I also managed to get hospital records. When you were younger you always got hurt- either because of your parents or you did it yourself."

"I'll rip you apart." I seethe.

"No you won't. Sorry." She walks away.

"T-TJ, hold on, j-just. B-breathe." Scott crawls over to me.