5: Tabitha Jane

"Stay awake TJ, I know it's hard, just stay awake."

My body eases up a little, my eyes still rolling in and out of my head. Blood sliding out the corner of my mouth, nearly impossible to breathe. Tears uncontrollably falling from my eyes, my head pounding.

"Come on, we're almost there. Just- just stay awake. You've gotta stay awake TJ."

I start to choke on the blood trying to clog my airways. Derek lifts my head a little to help. My body stops convulsing, but it still shakes. My eyelids threaten to close, my eyes done rolling into the back of my head, flicking around nervously.

"Stay awake TJ!"

I can barely hear my heart beating, if I close my eyes, it'll be the end of me. I always knew that my death would be bloody, but I thought it would be because of parents. I thought that I'd never get someone who cared, I never knew that I would get my superhero to come to my rescue. I had no hope, so why should I now. All I've known is abuse, at least I'll die knowing that I was rescued, that the world wasn't always against me, that I could love, that I could be loved, that I would never have to see my parents' faces ever again, that one day I would get my freedom.

"No, keep your eyes open TJ! TJ! Come on! TJ! Stay awake, TJ! We're almost there."

My eyes slowly close, I lost my chance.

"Tabitha!"
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
"She's dying anyways!"

"So!?!"

"What's the point of sitting here when we can just fix it."

My eyes shoot open as my hand wraps around a wrist with claws extended from the fingers. I sit up and follow the arm to the face. Erica.

"Can you let go?" She grimances.

I stand up, my hand still wrapped around her wrist. My claws extend as I show off my fangs. I bend her wrist back causing a sickening crunch, I kick her in the hip and push her onto the ground. She groans from the floor as I growl.

"Gladly." I smirk.

I turn around and plop down on the couch.

"How do feel?" Derek asks, eyes wide with shock.

"A little pissed off, other than that I feel great." I shrug.

"You don't remember what you said right before you went under do you?"

"No? What did I say?"

"You said that 'you are the only one who knows.'"

"That knows what?"

"That's all you said."

"Great." I scoff. "Just great." I stand up and start pacing. "What's that supposed to mean anyways!?! 'Only one who knows?' That's bullshit! I'm probably just fucking crazy!" I slam my fist into the subway creating a massive creator. "This is all pointless, who the fuck knows what's out there! What killed my parents and Isaac's dad, it could still be out there, whatever killed Tucker, it could still be out there! Only thing I know is, when I find it whatever it is, Ima kill it!"

"TJ, calm down." Isaac says.

"Wait, how'd she know about Tucker?" Boyd asks.

"What?" I breathe.

"Tucker, the mechanic that got killed in his garage."

"When?"

"Yesterday."