05; False Allegations

"Why were you at the Lahey residence last night?" Sheriff Stilinski asked, looking through paperwork.

"Who says I was?" Harley leaned back, crossing her arms. She got no reply and nodded, pursing her lips. "Oh, right. The lovely Mr.Whittemore."

"Isaac describes a 'friend' in his statement." He read off the paper, glancing up at the blonde. "Is that you?"

"Fine." She let out a long sigh and rolled her shoulders. "I went to Isaac's to help him with homework. We have Chemistry together, and he's averaging a D."

He looked at her to continue and she rolled her eyes.

"They got in an argument, and I was asked to leave." She rubbed her temple, trying to block out the deputy clicking a pen across the room. "As I was leaving, I heard glass break and Isaac ran out, so I gave him a ride."

"To where?"

"To my house, until he cooled down enough to want to go home." She ground her teeth a bit, her headache growing. "When we got back his dad wasn't home and we didn't think anything of it."

"Can your father vouch for this?" Stilinski asked, scribbling it down onto a paper.

"Yes, because I'm going to tell my dad I'm sneaking a boy into my room late at night." Harley scoffed, whipping her head around. "Can you chill with that stupid pen?"

The clicking ceased and she turned back around to face the Sheriff.

"How would you describe yours and Isaac's relationship?" He inquired, causing her to raise an eyebrow. "Romantic, or-"

"Friends. Just friends." She snapped, before leaning forward, elbows on his desk. "Tell me, what would I benefit from killing a lonely old man who has no life?"

"We're just trying to get all the suspects, miss."

"Well, I'll tell you something." She be him a sarcastic smile before continuing. "I don't know how or who killed Mr.Lahey, but trust me, he deserved it. The guy was a creep."

"You knew Isaac's dad was," He trailed off, the girl letting out a huff of air and sitting back.

"Hitting him? Throwing stuff at him?" She finished, rubbing her temples, "I found out a few days ago."

"And how did you feel?"

"Disgusted, obviously." Harley scoffed. "Tell me, you never answered my question. What the hell would be my motive for this?"

"Helping a friend, gaining attention." Stilinski listed, the girl straightening up.

"From who exactly?" Her eyes narrowed, almost daring him to say his next words.

"Your mother." He replied, the girl shooting out of her chair.

"Yeah, I'm so done." She laughed, shaking her head. "Can I go home now?"

"We're gonna need you to stay, actually." He sighed, nodding towards one of the deputies. The deputy grabbed her arm roughly and started leading her out the door to the back of the station, where two holding cells were.