06; Paroxysm

Harley was almost wishing that she had gone with Derek, because being a fugitive was probably better than her father's questioning. After being released for taking a statement without a guardian present, they had been up until 2:30 in the morning, arguing about the fact that she was falsely accused and why she was even at Isaac's in the first place.

But now she stood in a crowd of students around a rock wall, examining her nails while Scott and Allison climbed the wall.

"Hey," She turned to Lydia, who had finally gotten over her anger towards her. "Do you wanna study tonight? We can add The Notebook and gummy worms."

"I'm gonna have to rain check." Lydia sighed, watching with amusement as Scott fell off the wall, his harness breaking and sending him on his back as the gym erupted into laughter. "Allison and I have plans."

"Of course you do." She muttered, looking up when her name was called.

"Finstock," Her father called out, his eyes scanning the roll sheet until he found a certain name. "And Greenburg."

The blonde rolled her eyes and walked over, making sure to put on Allison's harness instead of Scott's. She wouldn't mind watching Greenburg fall on his ass, in all honesty. Once they had started climbing, he gave her a wide grin, the girl instantly repulsed.

"Maybe later did you wanna-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there, Greenburg." Harley scoffed, shaking her head as she reached for another plastic rock. "I will never spend time with you unless forced by school or lacrosse. You know why? Because you, are a revolting human being both in personality and physically."

She gave him a sarcastic smile, tapping the top of the rock wall while he just stared at her in shock. She shrugged and pushed off the wall, her feet hitting the ground easily as her father called out another pair.

"Next two. Stilinski," He clapped his hand down in the boys shoulder, reading the next name. "Erica. C'mon, let's go."

Stiles nodded with excitement, while the blonde jut stared up at the wall in fear. Harley reached out to touch her arm, the girl flinching.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She murmured, her best friend just nodding firmly in response. She sighed and helped her into the harness, stepping back when Erica started climbing. Harley chewed in her bottom lip anxiously as she listened to her struggle, taking every ounce of self control not to get her down.

She flinched as she heard the epileptic girl's pulse rise, her body shaking as Stiles dropped down onto the mat, fists raised in triumph. Harley took a step forward as Erica let out a sob, starting to hyperventilate.

"Erica?" Coach stepped forward as well, looking up at her. "Dizzy? Is it vertigo?"

"Vertigo is the dysfunction in the vestibular system of the inner ear." Lydia scoffed, rolling her eyes. "She's just freaking out."

"Dad, this isn't really safe." Harley shot Lydia a harsh glare before looking up at Erica. "You know she could have an episode."

"I'm fine." Erica whimpered from above, swallowing hard.

"Er, c'mon." Harley spoke soothingly, looking up at her best friend with worry. "I'm right here, there's a mat to catch you, just push off."

She nodded, everyone silent as the girl slowly pushed off, landing shakily on the mat.

"You're fine." Coach said, patting her on the back as Harley wrapped her arm around her shoulders hiding her through the now laughing crowd.

"Laugh one more fucking time." The beta spat, silencing the students. "I dare you."

She led her to the locker room, encasing the girl in a tight hug as she trembled.

"You okay?" She whispered, Erica nodding into her shoulder. She pulled away, squeezing her arm with a small smile as other girls filed into lockerroom, chatting to theirselves.

"I'm gonna go sit down." Erica muttered, turning away and walking towards the door. Harley sighed and walked to her locker, putting in her combo and opening up her locker.

"I'm sorry about Lydia." Allison appeared next to her and opened her own. "She's been a little cold lately."

"Yeah, well," She started, changing into her other clothes. "It's not me she should be apologizing to."

Lydia had never liked Erica, most likely because she felt Harley like her more, and was constantly making snide comments about her condition and often rolling her eyes when she spoke. Sometimes the strawberry blonde forgot the meaning of the term sensitive.

"How is Erica?" The brunette asked, pulling off her tanktop.

"Since when do you care?" She laughed, smoothing out her skirt. She paused, grimacing when a coppery taste filled her mouth, her hands shaking uncontrollably.

"What? What is it?" Harley didn't reply, just slammed her locker shut and took off towards the gym. She made it through the door in time to see Erica let go off the rock wall, the girl running forward and catching her in her arms.

Students filled the gym as she laid her best friend on her side, a lump growing in her throat as Erica convulsed and clutched her hand tightly. She had watched the exact scene unfold many times, even being there for the very first one.

"How'd you know?" Allison asked, tucking a hair behind her ear as she watched with wide eyes.

"I just felt it."

● ● ●

"I'll be fine." Erica gave her a weak smile and squeezed her hand before they led her away on the stretcher.

Harley watched sadly as they loaded Erica into an ambulance, biting down on the inside of her cheek. There was a pit in her stomach, the same one she always got after witnessing one of her episodes. It was a feeling she had grown used to, sitting in hospitals for most of her life.

The feeling of helplessness.

But now, she could help. Without hesitation she pulled out her phone, selecting Derek's contact and typing out a message. With one fleeting glance at the ambulance in the distance, she swallowed hard and pushed send.

To Big D:
      You said you needed another beta? Well I need a favor.

________________________

Not edited.

Harica. Their friendship is going to be so precious I can't.

I will most likely post again today because it's Labor Day weekend and the next chapter is almost done so.

Harsaac next chapter so be prepared!

Also, go check out -vaporeon story Mad House because its beautiful so far and I love it

Vote and comment ❤️

Xx