10; Disappointment

Harley let out a frustrated shriek as 'The Abomination' took down another player, the crowd wincing in response.

"Oh come on!" Coach yelled, blowing his whistle angrily. "Is that thing even a teenager? I want to see a birth certificate!"

"McCall." Jackson hissed, grabbing the omega's jersey. "What the hell are you waiting for? This is the semi-finals, ram that roid-head into the ground."

"Me?" Scott asked, looking at him in shock. "You're the one that said I was a cheater."

"And that freak of nature being on the field is fair?" He scoffed, shaking his head. "Do something."

"I can't." Scott growled, nodding towards the stands. "Not while Allison's grandfather is here."

"I can." Harley spoke up, twisting her lacrosse stick in her hands as Eddie rammed into more players. Before they could disagree she was already halfway down the feild, rolling her shoulders back as she got ready for the next play.

While Danny was being checked out by her father, she stood face to face with one of the other teams defenseman, the ignorant boy chuckling when he noticed her gender.

"Where's Stilinski?" Coach yelled, looking at the empty spot where the spastic teen had once resided. When he realized Stiles was missing he turned damning the crowd until his eyes found Boyd, pointing his finger at him. "You! You, you play lacrosse?"

A smirk grew on Boyd's face, Erica smacking his arm.

"Uh uh." She shook her head, looking at him with raised eyebrows. "Derek won't like this."

"Well, " He breathed, his breath creating puffs of what looked like smoke into the air. "If Harley can do it, so can I."

"Harley has more control." Erica hissed, gripping his arm. "She can handle herself."

"Can she really?" Boyd asked, the blonde following his gaze to see a flash of gold flashing from her helmet, startling the player in front of her. With Erica distracted he stood up, shedding his jacket.

"Yeah!" Finstock yelled, laughing excitedly. "We got ourselves a player!"

● ● ●

Harley let out a huff of air, twisting the box in her hands slowly. She shook her head and dropped it on the bench, grabbing her stick and a bag of balls before walking out in into the field. She lined the balls out in front of her, scooping them up one by one and launching them into the net.

"I don't get it."

"What don't you get?" Harley laughed, shifting closer into his chest.

"Why is he singing while he's repossessing organs?" Jackson wrinkled his nose, looking down at her with a disgusted expression. "It's creepy."

"It's a rock opera." The blonde shrugged, grinning up at him. "It's supposed to be creepy."

Jackson's expression changed, making Harley's face heat up as she shook her head, a small smile on her face.

"Why do you do that?" She asked as he traced tiny shapes on her arm with his finger. She didn't realize, but they were hearts.

"Do what?" He whispered, brushing a stray piece of hair out of her face.

"Look at me like that." Harley stated, feeling his chest rumble as he laughed.

"Why wouldn't I?" Jackson chuckled, pressing his lips to her neck lightly. "You're beautiful."

"Now you're just being cheesy." She teased, sitting up as she wrinkled her nose. He sat up as well, a smile on his face as he leaned closer.