19; Anchored

"What is that?" Isaac asked, tracing the symbol on Derek's trunk.

"It's a triskele." Boyd answered, everyone looking at him in confusion. "The spirals mean different things. Past, present, future. Mother, father, child."

"You know what it means to me?" Derek asked from where he was squatted, his hand in his knee. "

"Alpha, beta, omega." Harley offered, pushing herself off the wall.

"That's right." He nodded, looking between the four of them. "It's a spiral. Reminds us we can all rise to one and fall to another. Betas can become alphas, but alphas can also fall to betas or even omegas."

"Like Scott?" Isaac asked, looking up as Harley crossed the room.

"Scott's with us."

"Really?" The blonde scoffed, stopping next to Isaac and looking around. "Where is he now?"

"He's looking for Jackson." Derek replied, giving her a warning look. "Don't worry he's not gonna have it easy tonight either. None of us will. That's the price you pay for this kind of power. You get the ability to heal, but tonight you're gonna want to kill everything in sight."

"Good thing I had my period last week then." Erica smirked, Harley covering her mouth to smother her laughter as the boys all looked at her in shock.

"Well this ones for you." Derek held up one of the headbands she has seen a week or two ago, their smiles falling. "Both of you, actually."

"Cute." Harley sighed as she leant against Isaac, the boy putting a hand in the small of her back lightly.

Erica and Boyd shared an amused look, this being a natural occurrence after the rave. Casual touches and glances, neither of them being inconspicuous. It was hard to, seeing as Isaac often neglected to rid his neck of smudged lipstick. Erica found it comforting to see Harley like that, something she hadn't seen in almost a year.

Not since Jackson.

● ● ●

"What if we break free?" Boyd asked, a wary look on his face.

"You'll do anything to get free." Derek replied, tightening the belt on him. "Probably even kill me, kill eachother, kill anything with a heartbeat. I need you to hold her."

Isaac hesitantly looped his arms under Harley's, holding the girl tightly.

"So how come they get to use the headbands?" He asked, feeling Harley lean against him.

"Because they'll be able to withstand more pain than the two of you." Derek answered, the blonde letting out a scoff. "I've got an extra if you really want it."

"I'll pass."

"You ready?" He asked, Harley nodding in return.

"Yeah." She breathed, gripping the pole next to her tightly. Harley let out a shaky breath as he placed the headband over her head, slowly twisting in the spikes. It was just a dull pain at first, growing more and more intense as it drilled into her skull, the girl letting out a bloodcurdling scream.