23; Savior

"Where's Derek?" Argent asked, the four of them looking around. Suddenly Derek came barreling towards them on all fours, finally doing a flip and shiny his eyes at them. Harley let out an annoyed huff of air and pinched the bridge of her nose, shaking her head. "I'm here for Jackson, not you."

"Somehow I don't find that very comforting." Derek replied, nodding towards the warehouse. "Get him inside."

Isaac and Harley carefully transferred Jackson's body from the car and into the warehouse, setting him down gently.

"Where are they?" Scott asked, looking around the warehouse.

"Who?"

"Peter and Lydia." He replied, Harley's eyebrows furrowing. Why did they need Lydia? "Okay, well hold on a second. You said you knew how to save him."

"We're past that." He snapped, unzipping the body bag.

"What about-"

"Think about it, Scott." Derek telled, turning to look at him. "Gerard controls him now. He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog, and he's set all of this in motion! Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful."

"No." Their attention turned to Argent, his face full of disbelief. "No, he wouldn't do that. If Jackson's a dog, he's turning rabid. And my father wouldn't let a rabid dog live."

"Of course not." Gerard's gravelly voice rang in their ears. "Anything that dangerous, that out of control, is better off dead."

Derek swung his claws towards Jackson's throat, the boy's reptilian eyes open as he let out a hiss, sinking his claws into Derek's stomach. He stood up, throwing him across the warehouse.

"Well done to the last, Scott." The old man praised, walking forward. "Like the concerned friend you are, you brought Jackson to Derek to save him. You just didn't realize that you were also bringing Derek to me."

Harley's eyes widened as an arrow lodged itself into her shoulder, the girl uttering a "Bitch" and falling back into the ground.

"Allison?" Scott asked, eyebrows furrowing as he and Isaac moved to help her up, moving her away. They leaned her against the wall, the girl looking up at them and letting out a shaky breath.

"Pull it out." She hissed, Isaac's eyes widening. "Now."

Isaac nodded quickly and wrapped his hand around the arrow, pulling it out with a grunt.

"Go." Harley breathed, holding her shoulder. "I need to do something."

"Are you sure?" He asked, the girl practically pushing him away.

"Yes, just go."

● ● ●

Everyone looked over with wide eyes as Stiles's jeep crashes through the plastic, ramming into the Kanima.

"Did I get him?" Stiles called out, opening his eyes one at a time. His question was answered when the Kanima jumped up onto the car, Lydia letting out a shriek and Stiles screaming bloody murder before getting out if the car.

"Jackson." Lydia yelped, breathing heavily as she held up a key, squeezing her eyes shut. The Kanima didn't even pause, swinging his arm back with a low hiss. Lydia let out a sob and stumbled back, the key clattering to the ground.

Just as Jackson went to claw at Lydia, someone stepped in between them, their breathing ragged. They held up their hand slowly, opening their palm despite how shaky their hands were.

It seemed like slow motion as the chain slipped from their grasp, the pendant swinging in front of his eyes and reading one name.

Harley.