08; Hostile

Harley could practically feel Scott's eyes burning in the back of her head as she stood on front of her locker, fixing her makeup. She let out an annoyed sighed and turned around, crossing her arms.

"Three's not enough for Derek." Scott stated, shaking his head. "I know he needs at least four. So who's next?"

"Why do we need a next one when we've already got you?" She asked, shutting her locker.

"Who's next?" His voice rose, getting angrier.

"Y'know, I could never quite understand how you suddenly got so good at lacrosse." She sighed, stepping closer to him. "Now I do. And god, it feels great."

"I don't care." He growled, taking a step back.

"I mean, everything is heightened. Emotions, touch," She dragged a nail down his cheek softly, smiling when he jerked away. "Everything is perfect now."

"Like your heart?" He questioned, knowing he had struck a nerve as she shoved him against the locker.

"You don't know anything about my condition." Harley spat, shaking her head.

"I could hear it." Scott said, watching her jaw clench. "I didn't see you any differently."

"That's what I like about you, Scott." She sighed, running a hand through his hair and pressing her hips against his. "You're so sweet. But everyone else, everyone else are bitter souls who will throw rocks if they see one little crack."

Scott turned his head, Harley following suit. Down the hall Allison watched silently, books in her hands.

"I forgot about that." She chuckled, her hand trailing down his bicep. "It's so beautifully sad, like Romeo and Juliet. Except, they didn't end up together, did they Scott?"

He didn't answer, just clenched his jaw as she ran her fingers down the rest of his arm, pausing when she reached his hand.

"They didn't. They were split apart by the cold clutches of death. Well guess what," She whispered, moving his hand to her thigh as she leant towards her ear. "I can be cold too."

Scott grabbed her wrists, pulling them away from him as he glared at her harshly. Harley didn't even flinch, just threw her head back and laughed as he shoved her back. He looked down the hall, Allison nowhere to be seen.

"See you later Scott." She smirked, patting him on the shoulder and walking away. She had made it halfway down the hall when an arm reached out, pulling her into her dad's office. A hand slid around her waist and she smacked it away, a disgusted look on her face. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Oh c'mon," Jackson smirked, stepping forward. "Tell me it doesn't bring up some memories. Making out in your dad's office, doing other things."

"We were dating then." She scoffed, moving away from his touch again. "Back when you didn't get me arrested."

"Don't you miss it?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. She laughed and shook her head, crossing her arms.

"No, I really don't." She tried to step past him, but he stood against the door, blocking her exit. "Stop it."

"You can't deny it." Jackson insisted, his eyes wide and frantic. "You still have feelings for me."

"I can honestly say I don't." Harley have him a sarcastic smile and tried to leave, but he was too persistent. "What is your deal?"

"I loved you." Her eyes fell shut, letting out a shaky breath. When they opened again he was looking at her with a sad expression.

"Exactly." She swallowed, shaking her head. "Loved."