16; Detention

Harley and Erica sat down, Stiles and Scott following suit until Jackson spoke up.

"We can't be with in fifty feet of eachother." He informed, pulling out his chair. "I have a restraining order against these tools."

"All these tools?" Harris asked in a bored tone, glancing around the room.

"No, just us tools." Stiles pointed between himself and Scott.

"Fine." He sighed, pointing to another table. "You two, over there."

"Bye." Harley chuckled, sending them a little wave as they moved before turning to Erica. "You don't still like him, do you?"

"I don't know." Erica shrugged, uncapping her pen and avoiding eye contact. "I mean, my chances are higher."

"Erica." She whispered, shaking her head and leaning forward. "It never had anything to do with you. Stiles is just a dipshit, like he's always been."

"I know." The other blonde muttered, jotting something down in her notebook and glancing across the room. "What are you gonna do about Jackson?"

"Kill him, obviously." She scoffed, sitting back and crossing her arms. "What else?"

"I just thought you would have some hesitation." Erica said quietly, looking over at her best friend. "I mean, he already has no one."

"That's his own fault." Harley snapped, looking over as the boy in question started groaning in pain.

"I have to go to the bathroom." He gasped, grabbing his bag and walking towards the door as he rubbed his temple.

"Are you alright?" Harris asked, standing up in worry. "You don't look so good."

"I just need some water." He replied, the teacher moving to follow him before turning around and looking at them.

"No one leaves their seats."

As soon as Harris walked out the door, Scott and Stiles darted over to their table, the girl glancing up boredly.

"So Stiles says you two know how Jackson's parents died." Scott whispered, looking between them.

"Maybe." Harley mused, twisting a piece of hair between her fingers.

"Talk." Scott hissed, the blonde raising an eyebrow.

"It was a car accident." Erica answered, setting down her things while Harley pulled out her phone to text her father. "My dad was the insurance investigator, and every time he sees Jackson drives by in her Porsche, he makes some comment about the huge settlement he'll be getting when he's eighteen."

"So not only is Jackson rich now," Stiles began, looking back at Scott. "But he's getting even richer at eighteen?"

"Yep."

"Something is deeply wrong with that." He sighed, shaking his head.

"You know what?" Erica started opening her laptop, cocking her head to the side as she signed in. "I could probably find the insurance report in my dad's inbox. He keeps everything."

"You don't need to." Harley pursed her lips, leaning forward. "I know exactly what happened."

The two boys looked towards her and open their mouths to speak, only to have Victoria Argent's voice ring out over the loudspeaker.

"Scott McCall, please report to the principal's office."

Scott, Stiles, and Allison all shared worried looks before he slowly got up, walking out the door. Stiles turned back towards the blonde, eyes wide.

"Talk."

"Chill out." Harley scoffed, narrowing her eyes as Jackson entered the library and sat down. "They died June 14th, 1995."

"Jackson's birthday is June 15th." Stiles realized, the blonde nodding grimly.

"I know." She sighed, twisting one of her bracelets. "They had to preform and emergency c-section. They uh, they took him out of her dead body."

Everyone turned when they heard a zipper, Harris packing up his things. He started laughing when everyone else started grabbing their stuff and standing up.

"Oh, no I'm sorry." He laughed, eyes crinkling as he shook his head. "Um, yes, I'm leaving, but none of you are. Except miss Finstock, you can go."

Harley gave them a satisfied smirk, slinging her bag over her shoulder and walking out.

"What? Why does she get to go?" Stiles whined, throwing his arms up.

"Because, she doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out. That, and her father called me." He replied, patting the carts overflowing with books. "You may go, when you're done reshelving. Enjoy the rest of your evening."

● ● ●

"It's Jackson." Harley stated, tossing her bag down and crossing her arms, causing Derek, Isaac, and Boyd looked up in shock. "Jackson's the Kanima."

"But he failed the test." Isaac's eyebrows furrowed, the girl rubbing her temples.

"I'm aware of that." She sighed. "But it's him."

"And how do you know this?" Derek asked, standing up and raising an eyebrow at her.

"Erica and I found out from Stiles." She replied, leaning against one of the support beans. "She's in detention right now, but I got out."

"So what do we do know?" Isaac asked, looking between the two.

"We kill him." Derek and Harley answered in sync, both with hard expressions on their faces.

"Derek!" Everyone's attention turned to see Scott and Stiles carrying Erica down the stairs, the girl convulsing in their arms. "Harley!"

"What did you two idiots do?" She growled, taking her from them and walking into the train car.

"Set her down." Derek ordered, the blonde following orders and stepping back.

"Is she dying?" Stiles asked, propping Erica up as she breathed heavily, sweat coating her face.

"She might." Derek sighed, taking her arm into his hands. "This is gonna hurt."

Harley covered her mouth when she heard bone snap, flinching as her best friend cried out in pain.

"You broke her arm?" Stiles yelled, his eyes wide in fear.

"It'll trigger the healing process." He replied, not even looking up at Harley as she stepped out, squeezing her eyes shut as the screams grew louder. She jumped when a hand touched her arm, opening her eyes to see Isaac standing there with genuine worry in his eyes.

"What?" She snapped, pulling her arm away and running her hands through her hair.

"She's gonna be okay." He murmured, pulling her into his chest. Harley froze for a moment before slowly hugging him back, her head resting on his shoulder.

● ● ●

"You know who it is." Scott stated as he followed Derek out, the alpha turning and crossing his arms.

"Jackson." He sighed, nodding as he sat down.

"You jut wanted Erica and Harley to confirm it, didn't you?" Scott asked, but the alpha didn't answer. "I'm gonna help you stop him as part of your pack. If you want me in fine, but only under one condition. We're gonna catch him, not kill him,"

"And?" Derek questioned, knowing there was no doubt that there was more to his alliance.

"And we do it my way."

________________________

Not edited.

Filler af but the next chapter should be up in a few.

Vote and Comment ❤️

Xx