11; Stressed

Out of all the confusion that came tied to Harley Finstock, Isaac was sure of one thing.

She stressed him out.

For many reasons, actually. First of all, she was one of the most intense people he'd ever met. After a few hours of serious lacrosse practice, she imeadietly came to the train depot, pulling out her homework.

Everything was color coded. Notes coordinated by different shades of highlighter, a set of gel pens with different colors for each class for when she wrote her assignments down in her planner. Yes, she had a personal planner. Isaac hadn't had a planner since the fourth grade, and even then he sucked at keeping track of it.

Secondly, just the way she looked was stressful, the lanky boy trying to ignore the fact that her spandex rode up, revealing more of her thigh as she sat doing her homework. She had her headphones in as she scribbled away, dragging her bottom lip between her teeth every so often in a way that made him wish it that it was her lip between his teeth.

Which brought him to reason number three. She had been so nonchalant about the fact that she had practically made out with him the other day, despite the fact that he was extremely inexperienced. It was no big deal to her, meaning the same should go for himself. But it was. And it was stressing him out. Especially after the night before.

She was different. She wasn't her usual bitchy self, she didn't flirt with him or tease him. He couldn't remember how long they laid in the middle of the feild, Isaac listening to Harley point out constellations as he drifted asleep. She had woken him up later on, when it was practically pitch black, telling him softly to get in the car so she could drive him back to the depot.

"You're staring." The blonde pursed her lips as she scrawled a few words in her notebook before snapping it shut and pulling out her headphones.

"No I'm not." He scoffed, leaning back in his own chair.

"Really?" She laughed, pushing herself up and walking across the train, arms crossed as she stood in front of him.

"Why would I stare at you?" He asked, the girl raising a perfectly shaped eyebrow.

"Maybe I'm just being paranoid." She shrugged, sitting next to him. "What are you reading?"

"Uh, some manual. It's the only think I could find and I'm bored out of my mind." Isaac sighed, trying to ignore how intoxicating she smelled. It was some kind of perfume, no doubt an expensive brand, but it smelled amazing.

"I could bring you something." Harley offered, plucking it out of his hands. He looked at her in shock, the blonde shrugging. "I've practically got a library at home."

"Uh, yeah. Thanks." He shook his head, blinking in surprise. She turned her head to say something, her mouth falling shut almost imeadietly. "What?"

"Nothing." She cleared her throat, handing him the manual back and standing up as Derek walked through the door. The alpha was still pretty pissed of at them after last night, seeing as he and Erica had been attacked by a giant lizard, they had been laying in the middle of a lacrosse field doing nothing to help.

"He's here."

Isaac watched the way Harley's jaw clenched, following her as she shoved her way through the door. They walked out in time to see Erica drag Jackson down the stairs, Isaac going to grip his other arm.

"What happened to you," Derek began, looking down at his hands. "On the night of the full moon?"

"What?" Jackson gasped, looking around with wide eyes. They found Harley as she leant against a support beam, and unamused expression on her face. He opened his mouth to speak, only to have Isaac tighten his grip.

"She doesn't want to talk to you." He growled into his ear, startling the struggling teen.

"Nothing." He snapped, turning to Derek angrily. "Nothing happened."

"You're lying." Derek looked up at him, his voice calm as he started to put on a leather glove.

"Wait," Jackson stammered, looking around frantically. "I-I can prove it. I taped myself."

"You taped yourself?" Isaac chuckled, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes." He scoffed, narrowing his eyes. "It was the full moon. And maybe, while you were curled on the corner, having an extestensial crisis about turning into a monster, I was preparing for the so called gift your big bad alpha promised me. What did I get? Nothing."

Harley pursed her lips at his words, annoyed at how long this was taking.

"You want proof?" He asked, looking between Derek and Isaac. "Let me get the video."

"No," Derek shrugged, grabbing the piece of glass from behind him. "No. I have a better idea."

"Wait." Everyone looked over at Harley, the girl pushing herself off the beam with crossed arms. Jackson let out a breath of relief as she walked over to Derek, a hand outstretched. "Let me do it."

"Wait, what?" Jackson looked over at her with wide eyes, the girl unphased by his panic as Derek slid off the gloves and handed them to her. Isaac and Erica shoved him into his knees, Erica holding his head back by his hair. Gloves on, Harley picked up the piece of glass, looking at it intently.

"Y'know Jackson," The blonde sighed, walking over as he struggled. "You've always been kind of a, snake. It just took me a little longer to see it. And well, everyone knows a snake can't be poisoned by it's own venom."

Harley stopped in front of him, tilting the piece of glass above his head and letting the Kanima venom slide down into his mouth. They all stepped back as he started choking, watching as he became paralyzed. Derek let out a huff of air, walking over and kneeling down.

"You're still a snake, Jackson." He spoke softly, head cocked to the side. "Just not the one we're looking for."

With those words he and Erica walked into the train car, leaving Harley and Isaac with Jackson. Isaac knelt down, looking at him with a smirk.

"You're still gonna have to do one more thing for us." He looked back at the blonde who watched with crossed arms. "Well, for me. You're going to revoke your confession. I wasn't arguing with my father that night. Got it?"

He chuckled when Jackson couldn't answer, just looked at him with wide eyes.

"It's too bad." Harley mused, cocking her head to the side with a disappointed expression. "I was really looking forward to killing you."

________________________

Not edited.

This is short and a filler, but aye. Harsaac.

And the fact Harley gives absolutely no fucks.

It's literally so fun writing from the "bad guy" POV you guys I love it.

I am currently writing the next chapter, which may or may not be up today. We'll see.

Vote and Comment ❤️

Xx