pre

So it's junior year. And guess what? I'm still the same nobody.

My life is a never-ending cycle. School, my only friend, and my obsession, Kyle. Sounds lame, doesn't it? It is. And maybe it would be a bit more interesting if my obsession wasn't totally one-sided. But, believe me, it is.

I had always thought Kyle and I would end up together. Like, who wouldn't? Childhood best friends always end up together in the end; it's the perfect cliché. But apparently not in this case. In our little storybook, a picture-perfect friendship was shattered by the real world. The real world took the form of Jenna Maylie. Boys just must have a thing for the real world.

So what happens if the cycle gets broken? What happens if the nobody is forced to become a somebody? How would that even happen anyway?

Only by the biggest ego on the east coast. Insert Blane Cole here, the cockiest guy you've ever met. Take one look at him and you'll automatically think he's hot, and believe me, he thinks the same thing when he looks into a mirror. Blane Cole was such a piece of work.

So how the hell did he manage to yank me from my boring little cycle? 

I won't spoil it, but I'll tell you this. There was a lot of laughing, a lot of crying, a lot of laughing, and a whole hell of a lot of yelling. And we thought maybe, just maybe, we could make it to the end all right. 

But like I said, I won't spoil it.