Chapter 7- Return

Chapter 7- Return 

Kensi's POV

It has been six weeks since Special Agent Kensi Blye was released from the hospital after being tortured for days. She stayed with Detective Marty Deeks after a shoot out occurred at her residence. Two days ago, doctors and her physical therapist cleared Kensi to go back to work in the field.

I smiled as I read the report. I could finally go back to work. Deeks and I were driving there now.

I had gotten my stitches out a few days ago. All my wounds had heeled, and some of the scars were even starting to disappear thanks to a few coats of cocoa butter and a load of medication and ointments. Deeks was a load of help too. He would come back home during his lunch breaks to update me on cases, bring me food and the occasional movie rental, and overall just give me some company. He was the first one to tell me that everyone connected to my kidnap was arrested or dead. Just that helped me sleep at night. 

A week ago I was finally able to start exercising again. Deeks ran with me to a different Starbucks or bakery every morning. It became sort of our thing, and we agreed to keep having morning randevus when I go back home.

Honestly, I wasn't excited about going home. It was really nice to wake up and have someone to say good morning to. Especially someone who cares about you like Deeks.

  After my nightmare innocent, I refused to sleep in the same bed as Deeks, so he went out and bought a super nice queen sized air mattress for me so I wouldn't have to sleep on his couch anymore. 

"You are so damn stubborn, you know that? It isn't that weird for two partners to share a bed. We did that when we were undercover, remember." Deeks pouted.

"But we're not undercover as a married couple." I argued.

"I don't know. Maybe those Russians are checking on us to see if we really are married. I would just sleep with me, just to be safe."

"Oh in your dreams."

"Too late. Those thoughts are already in my dreams." He smirked.

"Oh god, I think I just threw up a little in my mouth."

"Well isn't that classy."

The memories of our little banters always lightens my day. When things are bad, Deeks is there to help get through it with a smile.

"We're here." Deeks annouced as he pulled up to the Mission. I haven't seen this place in what seems like forever. 

We walked in together, and I could see Sam and Callen playing a game of trashketball in the bullpen.

"Ms. Blye!" called Hetty from her desk. "Glad to see you alive and well."

"Hey Kens!" Yelled Callen from his desk. Deeks and I walked over to greet them. We began catching up, when a flying wad of paper came from above us, landing in the trash hoop. We all looked up to see Eric grinning like a little boy at the top of the stairs. 

"We got a case," He said. "Welcome back, Kensi!" 

Up in Ops, Nell and Eric were waiting for us with a lot of pictures plastered across the large screen.

"So this was sent over to us from the LAPD. Petty Officer Frank Jorgins was arrested on possession outside of a club. While he was, uh, high, he started babbling on about US military weapons being sold to Iraqui Taliban forces from some officer in his unit. Under further investigation, LAPD found multiple reports of robberies in some military bases around the LA area." Nell explained.