Chapter 18- Watching

Previously on Accidentally in Love

"This was in the mail room addressed to you and a Detective Deeks, ma'am."...

He handed me a large yellow envelope...

There was a picture of Deeks and me in our car while on surveillance, a scrap of cloth, a vile of liquid, and a smaller envelope... 

...I am your worst nightmare, back and on full throttle. I will not hold back as I did before. I know your secrets. Who you love, where you live, where you think you are safe. I can assure you, you are not safe anymore. I have been watching and planning my revenge on you for a very long time. That little swim was just a taste of what is coming to you... 

...this package is a death threat.

Chapter 18- Watching

*Deeks' POV*

"We have to do SOMETHING!" I yelled, growing frustrated at how emotionless Kensi looked right now.

"What can we do? We can't have the lab brush for prints, Eric and Nell check cameras for who dropped it off, hell, we can't even really investigate without telling someone what is going on."

"Kens, this King guy tried to kill us once already. Wait, wasn't King the name of a guy you went undercover to catch?"

"Yeah, Stanley King, but he's doesn't have anything against you except for when you punched him. That's not a reason to kill you."

"True. Then who do you think this guy is?" I scratched my head nervously.

"Who knows. It's probably an alias or a nickname. Something he wants us to call him."

I glanced over at the odd package. Someone defiantly wanted us dead by the looks of the contents. I could understand taking the break fluid or having a picture, but how the hell did he get ahold of Kensi's bloody shirt? That is a little extreme on it's own. It's also risky for him to deliver it to us while on a case at a military base. We are surrounded by men and women that are trained to defend. This dude must be insane.

"We still need to find out who it is before we get discovered in a ditch, naked and wrapped in shrink wra-"

"Deeks, please." Kensi cringed.

"Sorry," I muttered.

"You're right. We do have to do something. Maybe we could ask Nell about our car? That would be something." 

"Sure, I guess that would work." I shrugged.

There was a sturdy knock at my door. I opened it to find Callen leaning against the wall.

"I thought there were rules about boys and girls being in the same room without parental supervision." He grinned.

"Shut up, Callen. What do you want?" Kensi said, coming up behind me.

"We have a meeting with the head of security in fifteen minutes."

"We'll meet you there." I said, waving as he went back into his room.

"I'm gonna go freshen up. Knock on my door when you're ready to go." And she left.

*^*^*^*

"We have Hanson locked up in an unused office. He's been sober for about seven hours, and is demanding to talk to someone." The security guard, Ben Gammin, briefed us. Callen went into the office, and Kensi and I watched through the window and listened through our earwigs.