Chapter 27- Dream

Chapter 27- Dream

Deeks' POV

A bright light penetrated my dark mind, and I was suddenly in the living room of some old house. I blinked a few times to see if I would wake up or something. I didn't.

"Hello?" I called out cautiously.

"So this is where you grew up, huh?" A woman stepped out from the shadows. It was Kensi.

"Kens. You're here!" I ran over and pulled her into a huge hug. She seemed lighter than usual.

"So are you. What happened?" She looked worried, like she knew something I didn't.

"Riley is working for King. She's crazy! We were out because Hetty is making me 'bond' with her, but when I drove her home, she want insane. She, she-" I stopped as my mind drew a painful blank

"Deeks?"

"Why are we in my old house? This doesn't make any sense. I was with Riley and now I'm here."

"Deeks." 

"Why are you here? How do you know where I lived, I didn't even remember the address."

"Deeks just shut up and listen!" Kensi groaned. I stopped talking, and she slowly reached out and took ahold of the bottom of my shirt, lifting it up past my chest. I looked down in horror as a deep cut in my chest was revealed. Blood was oozing from the stab freely. How did I not feel anything?

"Kensi..." I said nervously, grabbing onto her wrist.

"It's okay, you're gonna be okay. The doctors are doing everything they can."

"Doctors? Is all this just a dream?" I winced. Kensi looked down at the floor.

"Something like that."

"Wait, if I'm here because I'm dead or almost dead, why are you here? I thought only dead loved ones appear in these things."

"This isn't some movie, Deeks."

"Okay, tell me you aren't in a similar situation."

She was silent.

"Kensi! Talk to me, Fern. I wouldn't be fighting like I am if you turn out to be dead." I choked back a few tears.

"Keep fighting, Deeks. I love you."

My vision went blurry, and the steady sound of a heart monitor nursed me back to reality. My eyes fluttered open. I was in a hospital, a big empty room, dull and white. A smiling nurse saw me from outside, and rushed in.

"Sir?"

"Where am I?"

"Well, you're in a hospital, sir."

"I knew that, but which one?"

"St. Marks. Sir, what is your name?"

"You don't know?" I looked at her puzzled.

"No, your chart says John Doe."

"Martin Deeks." I said simply, tapping my heart rate monitor on my lap.

"Oh, I'll be right back then."

She disappeared to the nurses' station. I began to examine my injuries.

One large stab wound, just like in my dream, a couple bruises, and a my shoulder was sore, maybe dislocated and put back into place already? I wonder what other parts of the weird vision were true. I cringed at the sudden pains at my wound sites, hoping the nurse would be back soon.