Chapter 19- Battle

Chapter 19- Battle 

*Kensi's POV*

The bullets littered the room. People all around me were dropping like flies. Whoever the shooter was, he was a pro.

I was still crouched behind a table. I didn't have a visual on the shooter, and shooting blind would be a mistake. 

Looking around, I saw Deeks behind the same table as me, a large group of Marines looking ready to take this guy out, a few injured or possibly dead officers, and peeking into the room was Callen and Sam. 

This needed to end. I peeked around the corner of the table, trying to spot the shooter. A shower of bullets came near my hideout. I quickly ducked back into the safety of cover.

'Dammit, I need to see who is shooting or I'm dead' I thought, getting frustrated.

Glancing back at Deeks, I saw that he was also trying to find where the bullets were coming from. 

I crawled over to him carefully.

"Deeks!" I yelled over the shots.

He whipped around and relief came over his face.

"Thank God, I couldn't see you over that big Navy guy."

"Did you see him?"

"No, but I know where he is. He's ducking behind the kitchen counter and shooting wildly."

"We need to get into the kitchen then." I suggested

"Are you out of your mind? We would be dead in seconds!" Deeks screamed.

"Someone has to do it." 

"Leave it to the guys with assult rifles and bullet proof body suits."

I let out a breath of frustration and crawled back towards where I was before. I could feel Deeks' eyes burning through the back of my head.

*^*^*^*

The shooting went on for almost an hour. In that period, I've only released three rounds. How was he not running out of ammo already? 

By now, it was useless to try and hit him. Most of us had just taken cover in hope that he will run out of magazines sooner or later.

Suddenly there was a loud crash and the sound of yelling and gunfire. Out of all the commotion, one larger voice rang out:

"BOMB! EVERYONE OUT NOW! BOMB, EVACUATE!"

I gasped, and started towards the door as quick as I could. Crowds of people poured out of the doors and emergency exits. I pushed through a fire door and into the open air. 

The blast came seconds later. A cloud of heat, fire, and debris pushed me out through the air. I flailed my arms and legs, trying to remain upright. The concrete met me, and I landed with a hard *thud*. Others landed near me.

I slowly sat up, my ears ringing. There were people everywhere, unconcious, bleeding, and/or broken. Staring back at the building, I saw the eruption of flames and smoke. A gasp escaped my lips, and I started running back towards the firey building.

There was a familer looking body with a mess of dirty blonde hair lying near the burning cafeteria. Not moving, and by the looks of it, not breathing.

^*^*^*

"DEEKS!" I screamed. The body didn't move. 

Suddenly I felt arms wrap around my waist and pull me backwards.