Chapter 20- Shadows

Chapter 20- Shadows

Kensi's POV

I woke up in my bed, which was weird because I was pretty sure I fell asleep while watching a movie with Deeks. 

"Deeks?" I said wearily, walking out of my bedroom. I looked over to see him sprawled out on my couch. His hair still had bits of ash and he was still wearing the dirty, bloody clothes from yesterday.

His eyes fluttered open, and he sat up and rubbed his blue eyes.

"Morning, Fern." 

I sighed in slight annoyance at my nickname, but didn't complain.

"Morning. Should I run to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast?" 

"Nah I can get it." He said, standing up and getting in front of me. I leaned back against the doorframe.

"You sure?" I smiled.

"Only if I can get a hug!" He winked, opening up his arms.

"I knew there would be a catch." I laughed. I stepped towards him, but the scent of burnt toast, morning breath, and BO wiffed my way. "You know what? I changed my mind. How about you shower and change, and I'll go get breakfast."

"Okay if that will make you happy." He laughed and sniffed near his underarms, a look of disgust crossing his face momentarily.

I grabbed my credit card from the counter and started out the door.

"This is the musky odor that comes with being with a Jungle Cat!" Deeks called as I shut the door behind me. I errupted in a small fit of laughter as I walked towards my car.

*^*^*^*

Deeks' POV

The hot shower felt amazing. Turns out, Kensi had a bottle of men's 3 in 1 Shampoo/Conditioner/Body wash under her sink. It was half gone which made me wonder how many other guys have discovered that same bottle. 

I stepped out into Kensi's bedroom wrapped in a fluffy green towel. I saw my old LAPD tshirt and a pair of basketball shorts that I like to keep here sitting on her bed. 

Once, I was dressed, I began to snoop around her room. It was very plain, just a queen bed, a dresser, and a nightstand. There were a few pictures of a very young Kensi, her with her dad and mom, and a few recent ones with her mom. There weren't any photos of her and the team for safety reasons, but there may be some in a drawer somewhere?

Going into full creeper mode, I opened her nightstand drawer, and wasn't surprised by what I found. It was full of wrappers and sweets, a spare gun with a full magazine, pepper spray, flexicuffs, and a couple magazines. By closer examination, I found that Kensi had installed a false bottom to her drawer. I lifted up the tab and a small pile of photographs were revealed.

I laid them out on the floor. There were a lot of her and me that we've taken during surveillance ops, a few from being undercover, some just out having fun. I also saw some taken with Callen, Sam, Nell, Eric, a young guy I assumed was Dom, and Nate. I also found one of her and Mike Renko with Hetty glaring at them in the background. It was nice to see a side of Kensi that is sentimental and fun.

I started to put them back in her hiding place when one with an unfamiler face caught my eye. I held it up in the light.

It was Kensi from maybe 10 years back. She was dressed in a flowing orange dress that ended a few inches abover her knees. She was smiling wide and her head was back, mid laugh.  The man with his arm cradling her waist was wearing an untucked collared shirt and dark jeans. He was clean shaven, short hair, and a determined look.